View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #55
Insequent
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Benn
I will try and get down tomorrow, if not Tues. I'm sure you will be very busy from Wed onwards, given your plans.

I came back from Little Sandhills on Sat morning. I ought to have left Friday afternoon. I knew the northerlies would be up to 25 kn and thought I would have just enough protection. But they backed around to NW about midnight which made it very uncomfortable in there..... Good thing I was using the alloy Sarca - it bites quickly and doesn't move an inch. So although uncomfortable I knew I was secure and waited for daylight.

I'll have to take a look at my hull and running gear soon. It's been 12 months since AF and I suspect the props are barnacle farms as I only had part of one can of Pettit Barnacle Barrier left and it was spread pretty thinly. It doesn't seem readily available here. Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier

The Newport Marina had nice clean water and growth seemed really quick there. I am hoping its a lot slower now that I'm in the Brisbane River, but no doubt its still happening. I am going to use PropSpeed this time around. Ideally I would haul in April, just before heading north for the season but not sure I can wait that long.