Measurement help needed 36 MarkII lower station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billylll

Guru
Vessel Name
WIRELESS ONE
Vessel Make
36 Gulstar MarkII
I would like someone with a Gulfstar to measure the wooden insert below the lower helm. I intend to replace it with either stained wood or starboard. Also if you could measure the lower helm from below the wheel to the floor and the full width of the console that might help me get started fabricating new locations for fuse panels, solar controller's display and other metering.
I'm still trying to sell her but I'm planning on moving ahead if it doesn't sell.
Anyone needing clarification can e-mail me at b.lentz@certifiedrf.com.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
Anyone I really could use these measurements to get started on the electronic and electrical upgrades.
I'm leaning towards keeping the boat.
Bill

Thanks I made the panel slightly larger than the marina measurements so it can be trimmed down without much effort. I'll post some pictures of the new equipment that is mounted on the new starboard (material) lower helm panel. I'm back into working on my Gulfstar I doubt it will sell this time of year anyway. I'm still dealing with my health issues but I decided against giving up on the Gulfstar make over.
Bill

Capt Bill, I sure am glad I decided to fabricate the new panels out of starboard and at my shop. I'll be posting some pictures soon. I'm actually really having fun with the Gulfstar project!
Billylll

Good to see you get your mojo back
My medical issues are still there and will have to be dealt with, however I'm going to have as much fun and be as productive as I can until the surgery. Then it could be a long boring recovery. My main goal with getting surgery is pain relief it's draining on my mind and body. But I'll have my finished (if you're ever really finished when it comes to any boat) Gulfstar to eventually relax in.
Bill

I'm actually making new panels and making sub assemblies for various systems and components using the starboard. The least expensive place that I could purchase 2 X 4' 1/2" starboard was Home Depot. It wasn't even a special order item also they have 4200 and 5200 the real stuff at a fraction of the cost that marine stores sell these products for, lesson learned try your local big box Home Depot for stainless hardware, marine sealants and Starboard.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom