Hosed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhmeissner

Guru
Vessel Name
The Promise
Vessel Make
Roughwater 35
Doing fall maintenance and decided to replace all the water hoses on the FL120. Just received the 510-4116 hose kit from American Diesel. In one package got 7 hoses (plus I ordered a thermostat gasket). I have to buy new hoses to/from the water heater.

Should be a fun weekend in the engine room :thumb::eek:

Doing fall maintenance and decided to replace all the water hoses on the FL120. Just received the 510-4116 hose kit from American Diesel. In one package got 7 hoses (plus I ordered a thermostat gasket). I have to buy new hoses to/from the water heater.

Should be a fun weekend in the engine room :thumb::eek:
Have fun...
Do you mind releasing the cost?

Easy job I replaced mine couple of years ago. I think there was 2 hoses I had to cut in half because of the configuration.
The cost was $66 at the time. Cheap enough.

As I recall there are only one or two molded hoses on a Lehman. And they are 90 deg. ones that can easily be matched at say NAPA and cut to length. The rest are just pieces of straight hoses that again can be found at NAPA or a marine supply house and also cut to length. I think the last time I did that, a few months ago, I spent less than $50 on hose.

Thanks for the insight. I went over to start this job last evening since it was so nice out. I discovered that my water heater return was plumbed into my fresh water expansion tank :eek:. So this morning I call Brian at AD and he advised me the proper way to plumb this into the heat exchanger. Simple things have a way of becoming complicated. Of course this job will require some drilling and taping, more fun than expected.:D

As I recall there are only one or two molded hoses on a Lehman. And they are 90 deg. ones that can easily be matched at say NAPA and cut to length. The rest are just pieces of straight hoses that again can be found at NAPA or a marine supply house and also cut to length. I think the last time I did that, a few months ago, I spent less than $50 on hose.

The 3 large diameter hoses have a ss coil inside.

img_279906_0_6fe832f5b4471ac8bc141f98928751fc.jpg

Hi,

So I'm continuing this project and Brian from AD advised I should plumb the hot water heater return to the front of the heat exchanger (not into the expansion tank) and I see our friend Chuck did this as well: The Trawler Beach House: Mystical Water Heater and Engine Hoses

But once I got the expansion tank off I found that the large outlet on the starboard side was repaired at some point in the past with JB weld and has begun to fail. So I'd like to replace the tank or get it welded properly. I see on eBay a new steel tank is priced as though it were made of Gold. So does anybody know what material the original tank is and can I weld it?

Back
Top Bottom