View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #35
Tunajoe

City: Ventura
Vessel Name: Tatanka
Vessel Model: 32' Nordic Tug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolena View Post
On the generator, have you changed the fuel filters? We had similar symptoms last year, and changing the filters curred it. The filters didn't have many hours on them, and the tank fuel was clean, so we assumed it was becuase the generator hadn't really been run in about a year causing the fuel in the filter to go bad. Asside from filters, it could be one of the shutdown sensors. If a sensor, it should run as long as you are holding the override switch during start up, then die as soon as you let the switch go.

Our documentation included a picture of the boat in the slings when it was first launched, as well as one of the shop employees at the helm. It indicated that they invite someone from the shop for each sea trial to given them a sense of what they are working on. The guy who was invited on our boat was from the woodshop. Kind of neat to see the interior all wrapped up in plastic. The original sea trial numbers are a great resource to compare as the boat ages. Until he retired a few years ago, the founder, Jerry Husted, was known to have sea trialed almost every boat that left the factory. Wonderful company.
The generator ran prior to be shipped. This was part of closing the deal. I had an independent Onan mechanic go to the boat and run it. Plus the broker sent me a short video of it running so I don't think it's bad fuel.

I think it could be some sort of shutdown sensor as you mentioned.
Because it does the same thing every time it starts to rev up.
Where would the override switch be?

Thank you for your help!
Tunajoe is offline   Reply With Quote