Flag étiquette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flags étiquettes

Hi every one
My only question was
Is there any rules for flag
i did not want to start a war....

i think we should have a look on our instrument (GPS,RADAR,ETC) instead of other boat

Thank you again
It's my first time on a forum but be sure it's the LAST one

You can come in QUEBEC any time with any FLAGS

see you

Didn't sound like a war to me, just opinions on where to fly your flag.

You didn't start a war, you started a discussion. Perhaps you should have just Googled it if you didn't want a "discussion"?

"Don't tread on me"

The Gadsden flag

Is on a decal P&S just after the name on the bow.

No such decals here.

img_277920_0_c3bbc07168d8263919bd3d7ca3efbb6a.jpg

Salutation,
M. guslap. "...It's my first time on a forum but be sure it's the LAST one..."
This is the way most forums work. We shall be sad to see you go. If you reconsider, please post again.
Salut.

cbq63: The "Q" flag is flag within the International Maritime Signal Flag representing the letter "Q" it is often known as the Quarantine Flag. Those Maritime Signal Flags not only represent letters of the alapha but also many are given there own short maritime meaning and are used to relay that meaning and/or letter. "B" (red flag) = hazardous cargo....H = Pilot on Board,....etc.... The "Q" actually is supposed to mean that my crew and passengers are healthy and I request permission to enter your port. HMMMM...perhaps airplanes should adopt something along these lines....

Additional info on the Maritime Signal Flags. You usually see the flags on coffee cups or tumblers in your local boat store.

In modern usage a "Q" flag if flow on the starboard spreader to indicate a foreign vessel has come into a country but has not yet cleared customs and immigration. The Q flag should be show immediately after anchoring or mooring and should only be lowered once the boat has "cleared in". At that time the host nation's courtesy flag is flown and indicates the boat has cleared in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom