Best way to ship hard dinghy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I'm looking at a 10 ft hard dinghy with small outboard and no trailer . Does anyone know of a good way to get this shipped ?

U-Ship sometimes is good. Where is the dink and where do you want it to be delivered?

It's in Ct. and needs to be shipped to Tn . I haven't made the deal yet . Trying to figure out the freight to see if it makes sense .

I'd call a couple of freight forwarders in CT and TN They'll give you some advice (and cost) depending on who does the packaging. Don't forget to add in insurance as part of the cost.

I got a rate from a flatbed that picks up lumber here from that area for $ 650 . That's not to bad but it might be while before headed this way . I know that he would take care of it and it wouldn't need any special packaging.

I just shipped a Toyota Corolla from Green Bay to my home in Santa Cruz, Ca. for $900.
Just saying.

I'd post it as a delivery on her own bottom...there are always some pretty hungry delivery captains...:D

The Corolla shipped via a trucking company that you see on the highways.
I would contact an inflatable boat dealer near you and ask how they receive their boats from the manufactures.That might help understanding what you should spend and how to prep the boat.

OOPS! I meant hard dingy instead of inflatable.A friend has a Waker Bay dink shipped to his house for cheap a couple of years ago.
Also boat delivery companies will sometimes have room on the trailer for small stuff like you dink.

I'd post it as a delivery on her own bottom...there are always some pretty hungry delivery captains...:D
He would have to be pretty hungry and cold to row this far south . But lately I have seen some pretty rough rigs headed south .

Is it worth shipping? A brand new trailer costs about $600. You can sell that in TN.

Not a bad idea Archie and the trailer could come in handy .

Last year I bought one in Annapolis c/w trailer. I found a guy on U ship that towed it to Detroit for $350. If I was you I'd buy a trailer and have someone like these guys tow it. I'd think twice about the stake truck, can't believe that no matter how careful putting that hull on the deck of a truck going down the highway will cause some damage some where.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom