Foreign Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RT Firefly

Enigma
Greetings,
To the mods: If this belongs in OTDE, please don't hesitate to move it...
1978676_604005333006960_1049953816_n.jpg

That's humorous, RT. But if one travels to various places around the planet, particulary to work as opposed to being a tourist, one is treated to quite a variety of views on the US, some positive and some not so much. And, there is as much misunderstanding of the US on the part of people in other countries and cultures as there is misunderstanding of other countries and cultures on the part of Americans.

Thanks to my employer, I and my crew have had the opportunity to work in some 36 countries so far. So much so that we're having to send in our passports after this next trip for new pages to be added because they will be totally full.

If I had to single out one thing I've learned in the over two-decades we've been doing this kind of traveling, it's that for the most part, people are pretty much the same the world over.

I'm not talkikng about governments, or political or religious extremists, but just plain people.

But there are some unique differences, too, among people. And if one is at all observant, you see that a lot of what makes a particular culture different is often what also makes that culture work.

The end result is that one learns to appreciate and understand, at least to a degree, both the similarities and the differences.

Thanks Marin! I was set to post a less diplomatic response. hope others find RT 's post humorous but not a factual representation of (looking for a word here) life, real world, experience, and the list goes on.......

Thanks Marin! I was set to post a less diplomatic response. hope others find RT 's post humorous but not a factual representation of (looking for a word here) life, real world, experience, and the list goes on.......

Comedy isn't funny if there isn't a strong dose of truth in it.

This one is funny. Because, lots of truth there.

Back
Top Bottom