View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
dannc
Guru

City: NC
We don't have a trawler but the plan is in 9 years to pick up the boat in Hong Kong and make our way to the PI. Explore the PI, the Marianas, Palau/Pelieu, and make our way to Fiji via the Solomons. I would like to spend some time in parts of Indonesia but the security in those areas is iffy at this point as it is in places in the Solomons and New Guinea. Those areas might get a quick cruise through see specific areas due to security issues.

Once down to Espiritu Santo and New Caledonia possibilities really open up depending on the season. We want to see Aussie Land, New Zealand and then the Pacific islands. We figure it will take 3-5 years to visit places on our list before heading back to the US. I THINK we would head back via Hawaii and then the PNW but Japan does call. Might be better to just fly to Japan.

From the PNW it is off to visit Alaska and eventually head back south to Panama and the Galapagos. After getting through the canal we would head to the US east coast to visit places I used to live and boat in FLA, stay in the Bahamas and up the east coast. Eventually head to Ireland and the UK. We would love to see Norway and other Nordic countries but that will be dependent on EU rules.

Eventually health issues will force us to sell the boat to return to land to die.

As our oldest says, YOLO! You Only Live Once!

We are off very soon to visit the boat yard, though it is a bit early plan wise, but an opportunity popped up that was too good to turn down.

Later,
Dan
dannc is offline   Reply With Quote