Generator repair in Baltimore area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evansrr

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Little Wing
Vessel Make
Camano 31
My Mastervolt 3.5 diesel generator shuts down with the message oil pressure failure. Just changed the oil and it has the proper amount so I'm assuming something serious. Does anyone have any recommendations for generator repair in the Baltimore area?

Can't remember the name of the marina but there is a Cummins/Onan generator dealer/repair facility on Kent Island, MD. Good luck, Howard

Kent Island, MD

Address
106 Wells Cove Road
Grasonville, MD 21638

Mailing Address (USPS)
P. O. Box 292
Grasonville, MD 21638

Phone Number
Local: 410-690-3612

Call Anchor Bay East in Dundalk and see if they have or know someone; they are pretty handy and did some minor work on my Onan. What kind of engine is on that? Mastervolt generators are something of a rare bird; so also try calling Mastervolt to see if there is someone in the area they recommend.

Start with first things first. The manual. Does it list an oil pressure sender unit? My first thing to do would be to check the wiring from/to the sender. Second would be to change out the sender. Past that replacing the sender with a 0 to 100 pressure gauge to see if you actually get pressure. A sender can fail, even though there is pressure. If you eliminate the sender as the problem, then indeed you have a big issue.

Try Weaver's Marine Service in Essex (Back River) 410-686-4944

I initially had problems with my Westerbeke 4.4kw diesel generator it ended up being the oil pressure sender. Runs like a champ now.
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom