Pitting on Anchor Shank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I anchor in the same places that I have for years with other anchors. This anchor has seen light use on the Chesapeake Bay for 3 years. I rarely anchor for more than a night at a time. I doubt that the mud bottom of Dividing Creek on the Wye river has suddenly become toxic to Manson brand anchors.

It doesn't really matter if a third party galvanizes your anchors. Manson is the seller of the anchor, and responsible for quality control. If in fact this is an extremely rare occurrence, most quality manufacturers would want to examine the product to see what went wrong. It is always easier to point fingers at the end user and say its his fault.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread. The boat show starts tomorrow, and I'll be looking at anchors. I doubt if I'll stop at the Manson booth.

Yonder,
Your next anchor may have a better finish but will it be a better anchor?

Too bad you're not in the PNW as I'd buy it.

I think Marin would have been pleased w the performance of a Claw if he had just gotten a bigger anchor.

Hello from Malaysia. I'm sure you are correct, Eric. However the 655 pound Bruce that the Bruce folks told us was their recomendation for our size of boat (Grand Banks 36) would not fit on our pulpit. So we had to settle for a somewhat smaller model. And, as had been predicted by the folks at Bruce, it dragged halfway to China every time the wind got up over 20 knots or so.

So we sent it to the landfill, where I understand it is holding quite well even in winds in excess of 35 knots, and replaced it with a more intelligent design.

:rofl:
Hello from Malaysia. I'm sure you are correct, Eric. However the 655 pound Bruce that the Bruce folks told us was their recomendation for our size of boat (Grand Banks 36) would not fit on our pulpit. So we had to settle for a somewhat smaller model. And, as had been predicted by the folks at Bruce, it dragged halfway to China every time the wind got up over 20 knots or so.

So we sent it to the landfill, where I understand it is holding quite well even in winds in excess of 35 knots, and replaced it with a more intelligent design.

:rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom