Raymarine E127 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mkomm

I recently purchased a Raymarine E127 chart plotter. Unfortunately it doesn't contain a port to connect a remote buzzer or alarm speaker so I can hear the anchor drift alarm or radar proximity alarm when I'm in the aft berth sleeping.

Has anybody figured out a "work around" for this?

Ipad. We use our iPad for exactly this purpose, connected to the Raymarine via the built in wifi. Otherwise, you could network a MFD and install it in the act stateroom.

Thank you for replying.

My question is when you connect the iPad to the chart plotter's wifi, can you get sound through the iPad when the drift alarm goes off? Is there a special app that needs to be downloaded?

The communication protocol is Bluetooth between e127 and devices. Just saying!

You have to download a Raymarine app. I have one on my Android tablet and it lets you everything you can do on the MFD itself. It's actually a WI-FI connection. In my case the MFD is a C125, no touch screen, but the app on the tablet allows touch screen functionality.

Bob

Or you can run the "Drag Queen" app on your iPad or iPhone and not need the chartplotter at all.

Howard

The communication protocol is Bluetooth between e127 and devices. Just saying!
I learn something new everyday! I'd prefer WiFi over Bluetooth any day due to it's increased range depending on the E-125's location and the intended placement of the devices.
Bill

some just rig a baby monitor if the wireless stuff isn't your bag....

Anchor monitor.

I just purchased an e127 and e125 about three weeks ago. I wont be using the anchor monitor function. I use Polar Navy charting software. I like the way it looks. You can set the scan rate for where you are. The visual of where you are and how you move is great. You can set the volume of your laptop so you can hear it. I think the software is $49. You just down load the charts from NOAA so you are always up to date for FREE. Attached is a visual of me dragging several time with a 44# Delta in 25-30 MPH gust with a hard clay bottom. I just came back from the boat show and talked to all the anchor guys. LETS NOT DISCUSS ANCHORS FELLAS!!!!!

Attachments

• Anchor drag1.jpg
    Anchor drag1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom