A Patriotic Weekend of Pink, White and Blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Seasalt,

PM me with your address and I'll send you a couple cuffs like that when I'm done with my current 1 lb bottles. I just bought a couple at Wally World for $5.37 for 2 bottles with the plastic cup at the bottom. When they're empty, the bottom caps are yours.

Seasalt: Regarding those plastic bottom caps from Flywright.....just be aware that the guy seems to have kind-of a fetish for pink caps (notice the pink ball cap and matching bimini), and I'm not saying that the caps he'll send you are pink, but in this shot of his gorgeous Californian from the stern, you can make out a little pink accent hanging there on the side of his BBQ grill....just sayin.:whistling::hide:

Attachments

• pinked.jpg
    pinked.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 80
Healhustler posted the above post on a thread about propane bottles, but I thought it best to reply here rather than divert the other thread.

Very nice shot, HH!! You captured my favorite position on the boat when single-handing! Thankfully, I have a functioning autopilot!

I just returned from a great weekend on the SF Bay enjoying Fleet Week 2014. The Blue Angels were there for 4 days of practice and performances. My first night was spent on a mooring in Angel Island's Ayala Cove with Giggitoni and his 42 Grand Banks, Mahalo Moi.

I won't bore you with lots of airplane shots but wanted to share some of our other local flamboyant types to illustrate that I float among peers in my pink hat so generously given to me by dwhatty a couple of Christmases ago.

img_275788_0_b3facf0564dd6f9c322f8b9e3d11a212.jpg

img_275788_1_a5324e98494b949b4de7d6f61c5566ab.jpg

img_275788_2_1aff5ee7b379ed07cd48fc00e3808d26.jpg

And a short video of the Blue Angels up close and personal!

That hat looks like its getting a bit worn FlyWright Need a replacement? :)

Here's Johnny!

img_275795_0_d40490c9b9fdbb0f4ebd161dd2a47149.jpg

That hat looks like its getting a bit worn FlyWright Need a replacement? :)

It a great hat and still in good shape...Thanks, David! :thumb:

I think keeping it that hermetically sealed glass viewing chamber onboard has helped to preserve it. :socool:

It a great hat and still in good shape...Thanks, David! :thumb:

I think keeping it that hermetically sealed glass viewing chamber onboard has helped to preserve it. :socool:

You mean that you keep it in one of these? Must be a big power drain. But alcohol can be a good preservative.

Beer Viewing Chamber

Attachments

• SeeTHRU.jpg
    SeeTHRU.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 103
Yes, that's the Cap Tabernacle!! Beer never enters the sacred space. I wipe it down with Jack Daniels to keep the fingerprints off.

When cruising, the Pink Cap resides proudly on my follicle-challenged head. After the post-cruise dry cleaning, fluff and sanitation, it remains sequestered its Cap Tabernacle. Fortunately, my slip electricity is free and unlimited so the cap preservation system operating costs are covered by the city of Vallejo. (Yes, that's the city that filed for bankruptcy.)

Back
Top Bottom