Look what I found in Nassau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had one take up residence in my shop.. used a rat trap
dead squirrel.. no more problem.

We had a snake in our dinghy one morning on a cruise a couple years ago.. the dinghy had not been to the beach in a long time.. swam up in the night and came aboard.. we had been anchored and not tied to a dock for a couple weeks. Scared the living crap out of me when I jumped in to take the dog on her morning walk..
We were on the Snake River.. go figure.

HOLLYWOOD

Greetings,
One year, long ago, we were recommissioning (Spring) our vessel. Found a pile of "fluff" on one of the galley lockers. In the midst of what turned out to be part of our 200' nylon anchor rode (at that point in 3 pieces, none of which were usable as too short) I discovered 5 chipmunk puppies snug inside. I carefully put the nest and the pups into a 2 1/2 gallon pail and placed it under the boat. The remaining "fluff" was bagged. Next weekend no pups, and a hole in the bag where mom rescued #6 which I had overlooked. General consensus in the yard was I should have offed them all but I'm too much of a softy.
tumblr_inline_mxzpzgl2PQ1r3zat8.gif

A mother squirrel found her way under the winter cover of my Blackfin. Before she was discovered she had 2 or 3 little ones. The damage was not minor. They had chewed wiring, and torn some canvas. She really made a cozy nest for her brood. Traps were set in the boat the next winter. Now, about those pesky ducks . . . . . . .

Greetings,
Further to my mushy post #33. Subsequent storage for off season, I spread some moth balls throughout the boat and never experienced any issues afterwards. Only took a good day's airing for the odor to dissipate. Now, the jury is still out as to whether or not the moth balls contributed anything but....
http://ezinearticles.com/?13-Home-Remedies-For-Keeping-Squirrels-Away&id=1222651

Last edited:
They are not called tree rats for nothing :eek:

EXACTLY what I was thinking. :angel:

Coworkers have suffered lots of house damage from tree rats in the attic.

The traditional recipes for Brunswick stew is

• Lima/butter beans
  • Corn
  • Okra
  • Potatoes
  • Other veggies
  • Game meat like rabbit and SQUIRREL. :D

Just say'n.:rofl:

Later,
Dan

Well......
Haters gonna hate..ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413244784.570467.jpg