View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #20
pilothouse king
Guru

City: St. Lucie VILLAGE -NOT- Port St. Lucie!!!!!
Vessel Model: 15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
Not so. Scheduled monthly service available.
Aurora Yacht Logistics & Transport

And the details direct from the shipping line
http://www.swireshipping.com/images/...st%20Coast.pdf
I should had been more specific and said "regularly scheduled yacht shippers" and by that I mean ships that come prepared to pick up yachts and have their own cradles like Seven Star and Dockwise. There's always been deck cargo if one provides your own cradle, (have to find somebody build one) but the logistics of having a boat arrive at a port, and a cradle arrive at the same time to load one on the other, then quickly load it on a ship is almost impossible, as the ships seldom arrive on schedule, and the where to await (you can't stay at the port on the boat) until it does, and have the cradle sit somewhere too makes it almost impossible. It's been done but it's rare. The logistics of it all are too time consuming and difficult for most buyers, captains, truckers, sellers, and brokers.I have an agent in LA I trust, and it's difficult even for him. Plus the bankruptcy of that line that serviced the Pacific stranding people have made us wary of anybody but Seven Star or Dockwise (now same owners) and even they are prone to being late by months or not showing up at all.

Yacht Broker/Owner since 1984, Florida License #32
pilothouse king is offline   Reply With Quote