Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This mornings effort.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007523.641460.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007550.610079.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007588.548875.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007627.240526.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007650.109819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007709.629518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007747.910447.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007780.830850.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007816.023432.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007859.246230.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413007910.783006.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Matt - - >

First ya haven em take nude fish picts with ya pretty gal as host... then you're solar roastn em on the cill... then ya do curls ta show us ya still gots da stuff... and, then ya freez their skinny fins off. Sooo... where's the Barbe photos and chow time at the picnic table?? LOL

Glad you had a great fishing day! - Art

PS: I've seem smiles and I've seen smiles... But... Flic's smiles in those picts takes Top Awards!

Last edited:
Matt - - >

First ya haven em take nude fish picts with ya pretty gal as host... then you're solar roastn em on the cill... then ya do curls ta show us ya still gots da stuff... and, then ya freez their skinny fins off. Sooo... where's the Barbe photos and chow time at the picnic table?? LOL

Glad you had a great fishing day! - Art

PS: I've seem smiles and I've seen smiles... But... Flic's smiles in those picts takes Top Awards!

LOL I love receiving and reading your posts Art ... I hope that one day we do meet. I reckon we would have such a great time.

I've got no BBQ pics but I do have some dinner pics of them. Flics folks own and run SENOJI Japanese Restaurant in Victory Park. So we took a couple over there this morning. One for the chef and one for the table.

http://www.senoji.com.au/

Flics dad is pretty famous in the culinary fraternity. Yuki recently had Ferran Adiá specifically come in and dine at SENOJI. It Was a great moment to see. Farran is Yuki's idol "so to speak" was great seeing them bowing at each other lol... Apparently it was a big deal. Chefs from all over the world beg to have Ferran eat their dishes but he chooses who he wants when he wants.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferran_Adrià

Im on a good wicket. Got an awesome gal and an awesome set of in-laws that make awesome food :)

This was flics first ever snapper so she was so happy to have finally caught one.

Here is Yuki and Ferran

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413032869.392867.jpg

These pics are of our Snapper that Yuki prepared for us

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413033106.270684.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413033169.694470.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413033216.238541.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413033276.110565.jpg

And a bit of Wagyu. I can't say no to a medium rare Wagyu

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413033379.492052.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Art
Wow!!!

Twixt you and Flic = Like energies attract!!

Ok, Matt Your resourcefulness gets you on top of the curve solving the building problems. Still, I see some jam-up good work going on there. Great looking fishing results too. You got a happy looking gal there too. You are definitely living right my friend!
On the pulley I got a old former dock mate who owns a machine shop to bore it, sleeve it, cut new keyway and add extra set screws in it. He does bang up work got if fit very snug on the shaft. That problem seems solved. Only cost me a bottle of Jack Daniels! Our favorite whisky of course living only an hour away from the distillery up in Tennessee.
Thanks on the invite, My gal loves to travel and drags me all over. I complain lightly but always enjoy new adventure and seeing other people and their culture is always fascinating for me too. I have been planting the seeds to venture down under not getting there just yet maybe I can follow her to china next year and Australia after that. Will have to experience SENOJI. WOW what presentation. Thanks for sharing that part of your life too.
Cheers mate, keep your gal happy. Looks like you two were made for each other.
Dave.

Cool Matt, thanks for sharing the pics of the fishing and the dining. Great progress on the Axe too!

Ok, Matt Your resourcefulness gets you on top of the curve solving the building problems. Still, I see some jam-up good work going on there. Great looking fishing results too. You got a happy looking gal there too. You are definitely living right my friend!
On the pulley I got a old former dock mate who owns a machine shop to bore it, sleeve it, cut new keyway and add extra set screws in it. He does bang up work got if fit very snug on the shaft. That problem seems solved. Only cost me a bottle of Jack Daniels! Our favorite whisky of course living only an hour away from the distillery up in Tennessee.
Thanks on the invite, My gal loves to travel and drags me all over. I complain lightly but always enjoy new adventure and seeing other people and their culture is always fascinating for me too. I have been planting the seeds to venture down under not getting there just yet maybe I can follow her to china next year and Australia after that. Will have to experience SENOJI. WOW what presentation. Thanks for sharing that part of your life too.
Cheers mate, keep your gal happy. Looks like you two were made for each other.
Dave.

Hi Dave,
Glad to hear the pulley got sorted mate.

Well if you and your lady make it to Australia and happen to swing into Perth then we'll look after you guys and your bellies ;-)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Trawler Forum

Last night I mixed up some Jotun Jotafair epoxy and filleted the helms internal corners on the face side and filled some low spots.

Today I spent 5 hrs sanding it and then cleaned it up and applied another coat of Bote-Cote Epoxy.

Tomorrow after work I'll give it a light machine sand then it'll be time for three coats high-build epoxy primer before wet hand sanding in various grades then Jotun epoxy Gloss top coat

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413102486.641737.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413103181.373474.jpg

Couple of coats of Jotun Penguard HB and a sand with 240. I knocked up a template for the panel insert for the gauges and a couple of backing blocks for the thru-hull fittings for the toilet and shower.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413460866.031267.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413461139.801872.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413461232.012283.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413461300.218780.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413461370.931026.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413461453.231247.jpg

The boats in red could be AIS targets in the alarm zone.
Bill

attachment.php

Greetings,
Mr. H. All you need now mate is an official looking seal/crest on the front with a microphone and you can start preaching to the great mass of the unwashed. Can I hear an AMEN....

th

attachment.php

Greetings,
Mr. H. All you need now mate is an official looking seal/crest on the front with a microphone and you can start preaching to the great mass of the unwashed. Can I hear an AMEN....

th

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

attachment.php

Hey! - That's the same cill you was solar cooken fish upon!! Don't go preachen from that local... I recommend moving your podium to a less smelly area... so the unwashed can stew in their own odorifick aromas! :dance: AMEN!

Kidden aside - Looks Great! :thumb:

Top notch on the helm station. I don't think anyone would question that awesome job on the joinery. Screwed, glued and taped - it will be the last time you have to do that job on this boat!

attachment.php

Greetings,

th

Hahaha LOL ... gees took you long enough Gif. I was expecting a comment alongside those lines for a while now mate haha.

I was more hoping for one like this tho

attachment.php

Hey! - That's the same cill you was solar cooken fish upon!! Don't go preachen from that local... I recommend moving your podium to a less smelly area... so the unwashed can stew in their own odorifick aromas! :dance: AMEN!

Kidden aside - Looks Great! :thumb:

LOL ... Yeah it's. Multipurpose sill mate haha.

Top notch on the helm station. I don't think anyone would question that awesome job on the joinery. Screwed, glued and taped - it will be the last time you have to do that job on this boat!

Thanks mate. Appreciate your comments! ...

Sanded, marked out and then filled imperfections with jotafair, then wet sanded. Have marked out where the acc. will be going. Next step is to cut out, cut out bottom door then recoat with Pengard HB and then wet sand in 400g then topcoating.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413644339.405056.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413644377.307624.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413644522.810368.jpg

Last edited:
Flic and I went out and did couples things so not a lot of time with AXE this weekend. I did manage to get a little bit done on the helm while i was cranking up the BBQ and havin a beer.

I think my cat is dropping hints and is ready to go fishing

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413729358.768008.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413729380.408784.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1413729409.777894.jpg

G'day folks.
This weekend saw the stbd side get the extensions fitted.

I left the ply ordering run a bit late and couldn't wrap it cause it because the ply hasn't been delivered yet.

I carried on with the internal framing and knocked up the toilet and started on the bed before I ran out of timber as well :-/ ... I added an internal cavity on the toilet wall and this will be a small cabinet so my special lady has somewhere to put her toiletry bits and pieces. The cabinet will be flush mounted in the toilet but will extend through the wall and into a void inside the helm that I just built.

I fitted the insulation batts to the stbd side and fitted the ply skin then had a bit of a clean up and that was pretty much it for this weekend

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1414332839.112908.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1414332870.490858.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom