Thread: Any Regrets?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #31
rpeterson
Veteran Member

City: Carson City
Vessel Name: Cabernet
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 48 NS
I bought my first house when I was 25 and owned homes and property all my life. I am now 68 bought a boat that I can live on (48' Kadey Krogen). Will shortly have my LAST house up for sale, plan on moving aboard in March 2015. Travel plans are a trip to Alaska next summer, then down to San Diego by Oct. to meet up with the Baja ha ha group and on to Mexico. I have a friend that did the same thing 2 years ago and he keeps emailing me, "come find me"...all I know is he is somewhere in the Caribbean. My wife and I sold our business a year ago in anticipation of this move. We have worked together in the same office for years so we know we can get along. I look at it as just another phase in my life, that I would regret if I didn't do it now that I have the opportunity. We can always move back to the hard, but all I know when I am on the boat I sleep like a baby, and am content getting up in the morning setting on the flybridge with a cup of coffee, watching the ocean and wildlife, the ocean is so alive compared to the subdivision and city that I live in. It makes me see life in a different perspective. Yes I will give up a way of life that is very comfortable, but life is suppose to be an adventure, otherwise it is boring. Don't let the pull of the comforts of the land and your home hold you back. There is just no way with the opportunity, I can not do it. Nor can you.....go for it, you will regret it if you don't. See you in the Caribbean next year!
rpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote