Uline Ice Maker secret

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rogerh

Guru
Vessel Name
At Last
Vessel Make
1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
Our Uline Ice maker did not start up when I turned it on. Left it on all night and still did not start the compressor. After chasing the schematics I found that the timing sequence will not start which enables the compressor if no water is in the cube tray. They have a water sense switch that trips after the water solenoid opens that starts the whole sequence. I remembered that I had drained all the water lines to change the filter. When the solenoid opened it only got air. Today I put a cup of water in the ice tray and everything worked properly. Making ice like a champ. Thought I should post this in case any of you run into something like this.

Good info I don't have one on the boat but do at home. No problem so far but will keep both posts in mind. Thanks

Good info. After arriving back in Australia where I can provide 115VAC but at 50 Hz, not 60 Hz. I was thinking I would need to replace the Uline or try and get a 230VAC 50Hz conversion kit. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not.

Most recently I just left it on and after about 36 hours it began to work. Now I have a better idea of how to coax it into life, although I think I will just leave it on now.

Back
Top Bottom