Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry,
I know the owners od both boats and both have put many miles under their keels.
The outriggers and gallows are all aluminium (heavy wall) and probably not really clear in my photos but the gallows on Stormboy are stayed with pipe to the aft of the wheel house and crosswise with wires and turnbuckles.
Cheers
Benn

Great write-up on the 44 Thompson, Janice. It's good to see that someone took care of one of these examples. The only others I've seen were pretty rough.

Lily Maria appeals to me on a visceral level in that the boat I grew up with were mostly long and lean. Ours was 40' x 11' beam... LM is wider but her flared bow, well, she caught my eye.

She was beautiful... and the canary was the first boat bird I've seen since the east coast when I met a parrot that lived aboard a sailboat with a couple of yappy dogs.

The dogs would bark like lunatics.
The owner would shout "Shut up"
(the dogs would stop barking)
THEN the damn parrot would start barking, interspersing same with a decent imitation of the owner's "Shut up"

I was glad I'd anchored upwind of that fiasco!

When boating in Maine we were on fly bridge all the time... approximately end of April through end of September... then hauled and covered.

Although ours (the 40'er) had a fly bridge (the lower helm station was removed a few years after the fly bridge was added) ... we'd changed out the interior though prior to that. A lot of changes occur when you build/own a boat for 49 years!

CP- What an honor:lol::smitten:

smiley-signs105.gif

Gee, Larry... I sure am glad you don't make Don's boat get ps'ed into forward leaning windows; nudge, nudge. Or mine for that matter, nudge, nudge, nudge! LOL

OK, Art. Searched the archives and I could only find one "wannabe" Tolly. Here it is. The trouble with Tollycraft's are that this is about the only thing you can do to improve the looks of the boat!:hide:

Attachments

• Tolly 34 wannabe.jpg
    Tolly 34 wannabe.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 110
OK, Art. Searched the archives and I could only find one "wannabe" Tolly. Here it is. The trouble with Tollycraft's are that this is about the only thing you can do to improve the looks of the boat!:hide:
Thanks, Larry!

Humm - not too bad. I still like her orig designed "beauty". Also, much dashboard space is gone gone.

Linda just viewed and mentioned that instead of pulling window bottom back... to leave that where it was and to simply push window tops somewhat forward from its orig angle... but not so much that windows are straight up, leaving them still sloping backward at least a bit.

Art

Last edited:
Clean lines

Nice boat. Clean lines.

1429-albums131-picture1650.jpg

Pine tar and/or linseed oil would be my guess.

[youtube]v=o7ae8x2EArY[/youtube]

Why on earth are they black????

Eric, Spy is pretty close to right. I have seen them a couple of times. One time I was passing them on the Okeechobee Waterway. The wood looks like it is treated with a creosote like material. They do appear to be black.

My Tolly on steroids! Really nice boat!!!

1429-albums131-picture1650.jpg

Art, and anyone else who loves their boat as he, has got to be happy! (And I continue to wonder when we'll cross wakes.)

Last edited:
Isn't it technically a "Sabreline"?

Could be. It would depend on the year built. The Sabreline name was dropped as a distinguishing feature from the sail boats in favor of just Sabre Motor Yachts. I don't remember the exact date, but I think around '02 or '03.

New Build

New Build. Maersk container ship for your consideration.

Attachments

• 2014-04-06 16.11.58.jpg
    2014-04-06 16.11.58.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 114
Greetings,
Mr. b. Can't see. What kind of anchor does she have?

Sand filled truck container - silly!

1/2 container for rear anchor, during beach parties!!

Check out Kumbaya for sale on yachtworld .I'm not sure how to post from YW . There are several pics . It's a 58' home built canal boat . It came thru our marina last year . It's interesting to say the least .
Can you give a reference webpage address,...or other info to help locate that vessel?? could not locate it with just the name.

Nice boat. Nice lines. Redux. KJ

1429-albums131-picture1652.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice, affordable waterfront condo!

The first thing that popped into my head was that it looked like a small barge.

Back
Top Bottom