Thread: Any Regrets?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
Capthead
Guru

City: Long Beach, CA
Vessel Name: Heads Up
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42 Classic
I lived aboard a 30' boat being single and when I met my future wife decided to move up into a good liveaboard. We found the GB42 perfect for us. It has an aft cabin and the mother-in-law plan with the V berth cabin and large head. This worked perfect for us and any guests we had aboard.

We lived aboard Heads Up for 20 years. I lived aboard the 30 for five. I would still be a live aboard of it wasn't for the teak decks needing replacement.

When you make that commitment to live aboard there has to be some rules you live by. One very important rule we had was once the boat had the necessities, anything new brought aboard, something old had to be tossed. Once a year we went through the cabinets and all drawers and tossed out old clothes we weren't wearing or items never used. This keeps the waterline up, better fuel economy and eliminates clutter.

We also shared cleaning and cooking. Once aboard the outdoors becomes important and we always spent time in the cockpit or on the dock. It's a great lifestyle.

Enjoy!!!
Capthead is offline   Reply With Quote