View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #641
Rex

Quote from Noelex:
Mantus have upgraded their shank from mild steel to ATSM 514 and even agreed to replace existing shanks.

You have indicated you are going to do a similar change. Upgrading the shank of the Super SARCA from mild steel as it is at the moment to Bisalloy 80 (which is almost identical to ATSM 514).

Have you done this yet?

Can you give us time frame when the Super SARCA will have a hi tensile shank?
End Quote:

Noelex, how many times do you want me to go over this, I was not picking on Greg I was simply stating how he could end his shank strength controversy, he had stated A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK that he was going for Lloyds approval to put it to bed, seems it would be still a good idea.

Do you really want to hear me all over again, mild steel, rubber, plastic, who cares if it passes certification, this proves the products strength, all of our anchor models have been tested and certified, the methods have been witnessed by Lloyds, Survey officers and the like, then used on oil rigs, huge trawlers in the oil fields .Twenty two years of long Gevity must account for something when it comes to reliable anchors.

For the record, all Super sacra anchor shanks are profiled thicker deeper than hi tensile shanks to meet the strength requirements for certification, that is part of the Super Sarcas concept for not just only strength but weight and balance, before we go to hi tensile, and I am in no hurry as we have to redevelop the weight balance concept, when we are ready to change to the High tensile steels they will be thinner. It’s not broken so there is no hurry to fix it. All Excel anchors from No 3 --13 K.G up the shanks are not of bisaloy 8o but bisaloy 400 . A bit stronger than ATSM 514.

Regards Rex.
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote