View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #42
sailormike

City: Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Vessel Name: Miss Dot Dee
Vessel Model: 1980 29' Prairie Trawler
RE: new Prairie 29 owner

Quote:
Figured I would post some pictures of the old original tank and the new unsable plastic mart tank.

sailormike wrote:

Sorry Donna it has taken me so long to get back to you. It has been a busy week and an intresting one as well. Well I can whole heartedly say do not buy a water tank from Plastic Mart they do not tell the truth and do not stand behind there products. The new tank cam in 6 weeks after it was ordered and a a rotomolded tank when it was supposed to be a welded baffled tank. Filled tank up outside the boat to test and make sure all is well and I found that the best that I could measure there is at least two inches of bowing on the sides. The top is caving in at least 2 inches and the tank is trying to collaps. Now have to fight to try to get money back. enough with that makes me flustrated to talk about it. As for the transom door it was allready installed when we bought the boat I believe the first owner had it installed. Yes I did the water lines in Blue and Red PEX piping. its Great stuff to work with. Here is a website that has plenty of pictures of the boat on it and my work I have done to it. www.missdotdee.net
Attached Thumbnails
old tank front.jpg   old tank close up top right.jpg   new bad tank 1.jpg   new bad tank bowed side.jpg   new bad tank over and inch of sag in top.jpg  

new bad tank top caved in 1.jpg   new bad tank top caved in 2.jpg  
sailormike is offline   Reply With Quote