So... What are you drinking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Spy
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 26
Not a big thread starter, but I am curious as what kind of beers and ales you may drinking and what is your opinion?

I'll start...

Hoppin' Cretin IPA from the Tofino Brewing Company.

Never mind the cheesy hotel room cup or the fact that you cannot get it. This ale is good.

Pine and citrus at the same time. Recommend.

Note: I am a Ramones fan, so I may be biased...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140930_220358.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140930_220358.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Edmund Fitzgerald
Handcrafted Porter
Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Cleveland, OH

20141001_065523.jpg

Ted

Now that it's chilly again, Obsidian Stout by Deschutes Brewing. Nice toasted, slight coffee flavor.

I normally enjoy a Lagunitas IPA or a Sierra Nevada Torpedo, but twice this week I sampled Green Flash products that I enjoyed. Split a pitcher of Green Flash Triple IPA last night that was excellent. IBU 100, ABV 10.1%.

green-bullet-bottle-2.png

Green Bullet | Green Flash

Skol - Brahma or Atartica, they are sold on the beach for R$ 5,99 (US$ 2,42) for a 600 ml bottle.

These brands are sold in the supermarket for R$ 4,50 (US$ 1,82) for a one litre bottle.

Attachments

• bier.png
    bier.png
    162.1 KB · Views: 2,496
Skol - Brahma or Atartica, they are sold on the beach for R$ 5,99 (US$ 2,42) for a 600 ml bottle.

These brands are sold in the supermarket for R$ 4,50 (US$ 1,82) for a one litre bottle.

I remember often visiting Antarctica's Cervejaria Pinguim in Ribeirao Preto, Brazil and it's chopps "estupidamente gelada" draft beer "stupidly cold" and lots of it.

Now it is NA (Non Alcohol) beer for me. Becks is my favorite but usually I settle for Busch NA

My son spoke highly of these two last weekend (may have been the weekend before?) at Octoberfest in Germany.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1412189273.478293.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1412189287.796939.jpg

Normally it's various flavors of Sam Adams for me.

Last edited:
My favorite brewery is Russian River. Incredible pale ales and IPAs. They are out of Santa Rosa, California. They also make spectacular sour beers. Unfortunately, I can't buy their beer in Idaho. Most people along the Northwest Pacific Coast can find it if they look for it. Try "Pliny The Elder" and "Blind Pig".

Of the larger breweries (a relative term), my favorite is Deschutes. I have some "River Ale" and "Red Chair" waiting for my after work.

My other favorite smaller brewery is Grand Teton out of Victor, Idaho. Great beers! My favorite of theirs is "Sweetgrass". They call it an American Pale Ale. 60 IBUs, clear, bright yellow and great citrus hop aroma. Sweetgrass is especially go on draught.

After putting some thought into this post I am impatient to finish work!

Kirk

Right now? A diet Coke, but a 5 pack of Peroni awaits in the fridge (someone done drank one). I'm partial to micro brews and local beers. Creature Comforts, Terrapin, Sweet Water, all have good beers in their line. When I travel I try to taste some of the local brews when available.

Water. Safeway brand at the moment.

We drink water the vast majority of the time. Neither one of us drink any beer or ale as we just don't like them. So can't help there. Of alcoholic beverages, Champagne is our most frequent and only occasional mixed drinks. Oh, we also don't drink soft drinks, tea or coffee.

As long as we're talking Deschutes, for the summer my favorite is their relatively new "Fresh Squeezed" IPA. Super hoppy. Like somebody took a bouquet of hops and slapped you in the face with it. I love hoppy beers.

But if we're talking favorite beverages generally, then lately it has to be Squamscot soda, maple cream, on ice. My wife thinks it's gross ("carbonated pancake syrup") but then she's from Wisconsin, not a Nutmegger like me. Hard to find here though, I have to spend $2 a bottle here, but worth it. Almost as good as Foxon Park white birch beer.

Favorite beer? Let's see- what day is it? Oh yeah, my current go-to beer is Firestone Walker Pivo Pils.

pivo.png

Captain Morgans Spiced.....oops, that is rum. Must of been sipping a few too many.

Admiral, do we have any beer???

Hemlock IPA. Both of my kids have just split with their SOs. So much for grand kids in my lifetime. Ah well, maybe it was not meant to be. Sort of a Darwinian thing I guess.

That's my man! None of those high-society brews for us....now where did I put my whiskey? Oh yeah, next to the Pusser's.

I have to put in a pitch for Bellingham Bay Brewery. They brew some great beers! (Not to mention nachos and live music.) My wife and I are driving out there from Idaho on Thursday. We can't wait to find out what they have this time around. We will be there Friday about 6 o'clock if any locals want to join us!

Bud light, or Stella Artois if upgrading as my SO works for Anheuser Busch. Gotta support the home team.

Costo Vodka, $13 a jug, great stuff. When hi Rollin Chiroc, at $30 for small bottle, very seldom. Beer I prefer FF's fav...Becks... Rum, Flor de Cana...$20 for big bottle but taste like much more expensive Rum, good even as sippin whiskey, and that is the low end of the brand.

Not a big thread starter, but I am curious as what kind of beers and ales you may drinking and what is your opinion?

Not much of a beer fan, but when I do drink beer the only one I'll drink is Guinness. I like it for its body and taste.

There are a few dark beers, stouts if you will, brewed locally here in Washington. I've tried them on occasion, but to my palatte they always fall short of Guinness.

It doesn't have to be on tap for me to like it, although when I'm in the UK that's the way it's generally served and it does seem a bit fuller. But Guinness out of the bottle or can is fine, too. Which is generally the way it comes here in the PNW and BC.

First time I tasted it was on a road trip in my Land Rover in the Yukon. The friend on the trip with me drank it. I thought the taste was horrible. And then one day, I didn't.

But most of the time, when I do drink it tends to be wine. My favorite to date is Faustinio VII Rioja (Spain) followed by some of the reds from Gaillac, France.

Last edited:
Guinness has just never been the same since they took the plastic slug out of the bottle. I have four bottles of the old stuff in my fridge for special occassions. Clink clink. Cheapskates at Guinness. I complained at the brewery in Dublin, but they said I should just travel to Dublin for the real stuff anyway.

I agree with you Kthoennes. Guinness is still great on draught but the keg has to be fresh. I don't care for the bottled version.
Kirk

Guinness is too heavy for me, unless I am using it in my pancakes with lots of butter. It is exceptional on pecan pancakes.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do . . . . .

Haven't had the opportunity of drinking the local hooch. The constabulary got there first.

232323232%7Ffp53835%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3457758%3B44336nu0mrj

Back
Top Bottom