Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #57
Donsan
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Kangeroo View Post
I was wondering why I could read the Taiwan Times on the side of my boat. The KK 42's among others were built in the Chein HWA yard next door to the Chung HWA yard which are essentially the same company. Albin used both.
There is a 1999 Yahoo post which discusses this. The claim is Chung Hwa, Chien Hwa and Fu Hwa were part of a 3 yard group owned by Y. F. Lee. Chung Hwa was located in Kaohsiung and Chien Hwa and Fu Hwa were located in Taipei.

Chung Hwa built the CHB 34 aft cabin, 45 Sedan, 46 aft cabin, called a sundeck when the aft cabin has no walk around, the 48, the Vantare line of wide body yachts, the LaFitte sailboat and the Krogen 54 ....among others.

Fu Hwa built the 34 sedan model, the Krogen 38 sailboat and the Krogen
Manatee ....among other models.

Chien Hwa built the Krogen 42, the Silhouette and other models.

Only Chung Hwa survived.

Here is the link: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ons/topics/440

On my Fu Hwa DC, I have been unable to find anywhere the manufacturer is identified other than the original bill of sale and the mfg id within the serial number identification....which oddly the Coast Guard identifies as being an antique wooden boat.

An Albin 40 could have been made by any of these yards or any of the other yards but it is probably impossible to tell where.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote