Higher Fuel Prices Coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "free market" is not free when it is gamed.. When massive amounts of money create artificial shortages, when refineries are shut down for maintaince but really to create a financial opportunity it is not a free market.
Tillerson (CEO-Exxon Mobile) was ask in a Senate Committee meeting (he was flanked by 4 other oil CEO's) why the USA should continue to give he and his henchman 4 BILLION in taxpayer dollars every year insofar as they are (were) experiencing unprecedented profits. His arrogant answer was, "I control a lot of money, I do not have to spend it I the USA, we need that taxpayer money."
Now I read that as treasonist threat against the people and the government of the USA. Within a few days the FBI swat team should have knocked down the gate to his personal compound, network cameras rolling, and dragged him out of bed, in his boxers for the world to see what happens when you threaten our country. We would do this to a low level non violent drug dealer but not to a fat cat that has the nerve to threaten to undermine our economy. I could care less if he would have been convicted of treason, though it would have been humbling, I just would have liked to have seen him do the perp walk and to know he went through the humiliation of being checked into the system. But of course we have 2 systems of Justice in this country, one for the rich and powerful and another for everyone else. Just for the record, 2x Vietnam Vet here, reasonably successful, raised 2 very successful kids and have always played by the rules. This type of stuff and where our country is disgust me....

Last edited:
Why say that? Only Congress is exempt from insider trading laws.
What's fair about that?
Bill

Yep

Why say that? Only Congress is exempt from insider trading laws.
What's fair about that?
Bill

My point EXACTLY.....Could not have said it better myself, and it just goes on and on and on........

We're doing our share of being fuelish 37 cylinders at a time.
12 in the Sea Ray
2 in the Whaler
6 in the Terrain
6 in the BMW
8 in the Explorer
2 in the lawn tractor
1 in the push mower

I'm pretty sure the market prices are a result more of manipulation than supply and demand but I'm not going to change my lifestyle to accommodate a bunch of friggin politicians and their whims.

It amazes me how people can point fingers at the big oil companies for their profits of around $.04 per gallon and not look cockeyed at the state and federal taxes that amount to a lot more.

So in retrospect. You all should have bought smaller boats and used the left over money to buy oil stocks. Had you all done that, even with more expensive fuel there would be no pain and enough money to keep chugging along.

Last edited:
>.I believe it is greed that controls was street<

Oil prices change due to the SPOT price of oil changing.

About 95% of oil is exchanged on futures markets , as that is the lowest cost method over the years.

Large users like airlines will buy forward 0% to 50% to 90% of their projected fuel use.
The SPOT market is how they fill in with current actual demand..

With oil prices in decline , even here in expensive CT the price is falling , and expected to fall further .
Winter fuel is cheaper to make.

The long term price if fuel should continue down, the world economy is staggering under the huge debt load ,slowing demand and advances in extraction are progressing.

One example is shale oil, currently with chemicals about 35% of the oil is captured.
The advance is to use microwave heads , heats the gooey oil but not the rock (like in your microwave oven , the plate doesnt get warm) and the recovery rate goes up to 85%.

Not bad cheaper to make electric power than high pressure steam , and no chemicals left behind.

Output almost 300% higher , for less investment.

With the inflation desired by govs in debt to their great great grandchildren , probably buck a gallon diesel wont come back, esp with oil co. showing a 4%-6% profit and govs capturing 18%+ of the price of oil.

If oil gets cheaper as expected , the govs will simply steal more.

Last edited:
If oil gets cheaper as expected , the govs will simply steal more.

Fuel prices are expected to rise significantly in California in 2015 due to higher taxes, thanks to the Democratic-controlled governor's office and legislature, supposed friends of the "common man."

We're doing our share of being fuelish 37 cylinders at a time.
12 in the Sea Ray
2 in the Whaler
6 in the Terrain
6 in the BMW
8 in the Explorer
2 in the lawn tractor
1 in the push mower

Oil companies, middle eastern countries, Washington DC - heck, it's none of those, you're the one driving up the demand and price of fuel for all of us!

Uh oh, well, let me think:

8 in the Escalade
6 in the Lexus
6 in the Mercedes
16 in the Carver
6 in the Bayliner
4 in the John Deere
Chainsaw
Weed whacker
Power washer
Leaf blower

Never mind. We now return to our regular programming.

I have no idea why anybody lives in that state.

Prison guards retire at $125,000 a year!

Now how can you say that ?. ...I believe it is greed that controls was street

I'm assuming "Wall Street"?

I don't think "greed" is the proper or fair term. I am retired and living on a retirement plan and personal investments in companies and many of these are traded on Wall Street. Am I "greedy" if I expect my financial planners to make money for me on my investments? I don't think so.

The stock market is a major part of our capitalist economy. Investments by millions of people like me are how companies grow and profit. And in doing so, they provide employment for citizens as well as products and services world wide.

If Wall Street is "greedy", so is the farmenr who tries to sell corn for more than what it cost him to grow it.

One example is shale oil, currently with chemicals about 35% of the oil is captured.
The advance is to use microwave heads , heats the gooey oil but not the rock (like in your microwave oven , the plate doesnt get warm) and the recovery rate goes up to 85%.

Not bad cheaper to make electric power than high pressure steam , and no chemicals left behind.

Output almost 300% higher , for less investment.
That would be great, but I wonder how close it is to being utilized, if ever?

And personally I experience the dishes heating up in the microwave,...if so, how about all that rock mass??

I wonder how close it is to being utilized, if ever?

It is in testing right now , if it works as advertised , the difference between 35% and 85% recovery will mean RIGHT NOW use.

I just heard on the six o'clock news that fuel prices in the USA are coming down and will soon be below $3.00 per gallon. They are already below that at a couple stations in my area.

I wonder how close it is to being utilized, if ever?

It is in testing right now , if it works as advertised , the difference between 35% and 85% recovery will mean RIGHT NOW use.

I hope it comes to be, but this reference doesn't sound that encouraging. If I remember correctly there have been LOTS of experimentation with getting this shale oil out, but not to many have shown great promise.

Shale oil extraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microwave heating technologies are based on the same principles as radio wave heating, although it is believed that radio wave heating is an improvement over microwave heating because its energy can penetrate farther into the oil shale formation. The microwave heating process was tested by Global Resource Corporation. Electro-Petroleum proposes electrically enhanced oil recovery by the passage of direct current between cathodes in producing wells and anodes located either at the surface or at depth in other wells. The passage of the current through the oil shale formation results in resistive Joule heating.

I don't think you'll see microwave heating anytime soon, if ever. The business case just isn't there.

Note: I work at a SAGD facility.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom