FYI to PNW Boaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hypersloth

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rejuvenator
Vessel Make
34 Californian
Pacific Marine Exchange in Bellingham is closing first week of November. 20% off everything now sliding to 40% before the auction. If you have ever eyeballed something there before nows the time to write the check. I hate to see another place like this go, now I'll be at the mercy of West Marine.

Wow, hate this. We already lost Second Wave in Seattle. I don't know of any other used marine stores in NW Washington.

Looks like I need to make a trip up there.

I have been there. Pretty cool place, a lot of everything. Prices OK but few bargains. Didn't have the same digging bins that Pacific had. Would go back. They were different and depending on what I was looking for I would go to one or the other.

The marine supply in anacortes is really cool to walk through, but not even remotely close to second wave or the Bellingham store. I've rarely found anything in anacortes to actually buy. I've tried to even use them as an actual chandlery, but they cary so little real merchandise, it's been problematic. They are more museum than actual store, don't see how they can last, they likely own the bldg and just do it to stay busy.

That is really a shame, but it wasn't like you couldn't see it coming. I would stop there once a month to see if they had anything new. But like so many surplus stores, they got junked up with product that didn't move and like any retail business, you got to roll your inventory and cover your overhead!!
But it was always fun roaming through the store looking for treasures.

The Demopolis family and Marine Supply and Hardware in Anacortes is part of the early history of Anacortes, Wa. The family owned large chunks of the Anacortes water front, several miles, out to the State Ferry terminal. Mike Demopolis was running the business in the early 70's and very elderly when I met him. At that time they were the only marine supply within 40 miles! It's current run by Steve Demopolis, so yes still in the family. A fun place to visit and they do carry new products and oddities that you can't find at West Marine. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom