Hello from a planing boat owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drblank1

Hello all,

My wife and I own at a Regal 2665. We spend our weekends on it as it has a queen mid cabin, large v-berth, full kitchenette, and bath. As we have used it over the past 10 years, we have found we would rather cruise slow and far rather than go fast and ski. All these years, little did we know we needed a tralwer. Up until about 4 months ago, I didn't even know what a trawler was. :blush:

I am here to troll and learn. And when the time is right, we will ditch our weekender and pull the trigger on a long raise cruiser.

I'm glad I found this forum.

Thanks,
Dr. Blank

planning hull

just don't ask about anchors or how many engines.

Welcome, Dr. Blank! (lemme guess...you're a urologist who performs vasectomies?)

I was in the same position as you enjoying my Sea Ray 8-9 years ago when I learned about trawlers. Fortunately I had a best friend who taught me a lot and helped me in my search for that 'just right for me' boat. I knew it would be slow for me as a working man with little free time, but it's just right now in retirement.

Glad to have you aboard. Ask away...there are no dumb questions, but we've got a few dumb answers you might have to weed through...including mine!

Cheers!!

Going slow suits me. One reason to boat is to enjoy a slower pace and the sights (and not make a large wake.)

232323232%7Ffp73477%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394%3A9%3A67%3B5336nu0mrj

Welcome aboard!
The answers are simple. If you have one engine you need two or you will die of starvation in some remote area of the ICW. If you have two engines you really don't know how to drive a boat or do proper maintenance.

Your anchor is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough chain.

Your gun is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough ammunition.

Now that we've got those issues out of the way, what's your favorite beer?
Never mind, what ever it is, it's the wrong kind, it's too warm or cold, and you don't have enough.

If you have two engines, forget the rest about beer, guns or anchors. You'll spend so much money in fuel and maintenance on that second engine that the rest won't matter. :hide:

Al, you just had to start it. Yes you should hide under that chair.
Besides everybody knows that if you have enough beer and guns, it doesn't matter if you even have an engine.

Welcome aboard!
The answers are simple. If you have one engine you need two or you will die of starvation in some remote area of the ICW. If you have two engines you really don't know how to drive a boat or do proper maintenance.

Your gun is too small, it's the wrong kind and you don't have enough ammunition.

Never mind, what ever it is, it's the wrong kind, it's too warm or cold, and you don't have enough.

PARKS…GET TO THE NAUGHTY CORNER..! You'll scare him off.

Welcome aboard!

GREAT!!! The one thing I thought I had figured out; now I'm questioning my beer selection. :facepalm:

Welcome aboard. You have now met the cast of characters, hope you enjoy them and Trawler Forum.

Welcome aboard!

Where is the "Like" button on this forum? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom