Cruising South Florida and Florida keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jann

Gentlemen

The club I'm a member of has three Mainship trawlers. We cruise the southern Florida area and Florida keys. We go slow 8 to 10 M/H (unless hindered by weather). We are looking for other Mainships that would like to go with us on Cruise. We have schedule cruises. The next one coming up is on Nov7-11 to Crows Nest/Palm Island/ Boca Grande Marina all near Venice Fl.

You don't have to join the club and would come as my guest.

Let me know if your boat is interested.

Jann... yes, interested, but I live on the east coast near Daytona. My MS is a 34' with flybridge; single Yanmar; 8-10 is a good speed. I bought my MS in Ft Myers and transited the lake; ICW north to New Smyrna - 3 day trip. Will your club be cruising this way? Do you have plans to take in Key West any time soon? How many boats cruise with your club? My 2005 MS photo is in the avatar.

Thanks,

Earl

Gentlemen

The club I'm a member of has three Mainship trawlers. We cruise the southern Florida area and Florida keys. We go slow 8 to 10 M/H (unless hindered by weather). We are looking for other Mainships that would like to go with us on Cruise. We have schedule cruises. The next one coming up is on Nov7-11 to Crows Nest/Palm Island/ Boca Grande Marina all near Venice Fl.

You don't have to join the club and would come as my guest.

Let me know if your boat is interested.

Why just looking for Mainships?

good point .....no reason anyone who will go 8-10 mph...just thought people reading this forum are mainship owners....

I'm not a MS owner, but winter in Fort Myers. Maybe I can join you after the first of the year.

Ted

It seems that outside the Chesapeake and the PNW cruising organizations and flotillas and group cruises have faded. Now Great Loopers are all in it together, even if on totally different schedules. On inland waters like the TN River you'll see people keeping their boat at a marina just join together to take a weekend to another marina down or up river. They'll go at various speeds but all arrive there during the afternoon. That doesn't appear to happen much as coastal marinas.

Something else that might be an option sometime is to pick a destination to all go together but let boats join regardless of speed. So a wave of some boats may arrive earlier. Some boats may start later and arrive with others. All going together but not necessarily all in a tight pack.

All the places you have mentioned on your next cruise are nice. I don't know how to re-invigorate cruising clubs or groups.

Cruising clubs are a lot of fun. I was in one when i had my searay. Now they go too fast for me.

Jann... did you see my earlier post?

Earl34Mainship

Earl

My club will be planing a trip from Marco Island to Stuart this coming year. You can pick us up there. We may go south or back to Marco

Our schedule committee has not meet yet, I have no details or dates.

When I do I'll contact you

John

OK John... I have thought about making the loop - NSB / Stuart / cross the lake / south to KW, then back up ICW to NSB... maybe our courses will cross... please keep me in mind when you lock down your club's plans..

Back
Top Bottom