Training on Lake Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Droyalty

Hello!

We caught the bug years ago but never did anything about it. That bug, of course, is the Trawler Bug. Too old to buy, we want to learn and charter different waters several times a year.

We're in Indianapolis so are quite close to Lake Michigan and Erie. We'd like to take some formal onboard training then charter right after. I can't find charter/training on those waters.

Help? Anyone know of training on the lakes?

Thanks!

:)

Since this post, I've contacted the fine folks at Seasense based on the recommendations seen in other posts.

My thanks to those prior responders!

Me too. Well not exactly the same situation but I'm definitely looking for training and charter opportunities closer to home, and I want a broad range of experience. Please keep us updated.

Capt Patti Moore of Sea Sense is helping quite a lot in locating a Great Lake Trawler charter. While it makes sense for us to tackle this next Summer, give her a shout. Everything I've read about Sea Sense is very positive. If you can't find her email, let me know! :)

If you are in Indy catch a flight to Florida and train with Captain Chris and Alyse :

http://www.captainchrisyachtservices.com

We are in Evansville IN and we trained with them in Florida 2 years ago and it was great and well worth the money. They can get you to where you can Charter ------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Norm Miller
Quiet Company
Great Harbour GH47

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Roger that. They look like a great provider. I'd rather take a day's drive to the Chesapeake though. Or a 6-hour drive to Traverse City.

It'll come down to cost I'm sure.

Thanks Norm! Good to hear from a fellow Hoosier :)

Back
Top Bottom