Those acoustic tiles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Does anyone remember the suppliers mentioned here for the 12x12 tiles with the holes in a X pattern?

ForumRunner_20140922_161954.jpg

You are a talented guy...nothing you can't get anywhere and a couple drill bits can'r solve????:D

What else do you have to do on those long AP runs by yourself....knit???:D

Mark....why are you going back with the tiles. I also have removed quite a few from an aft bulkhead when I made a new hatch in the veranda for the genset. Now, I need to replace 2 dozen or so tiles, but I thought I'd go with something more modern.

Mark....why are you going back with the tiles. I also have removed quite a few from an aft bulkhead when I made a new hatch in the veranda for the genset. Now, I need to replace 2 dozen or so tiles, but I thought I'd go with something more modern.
I just don't like the look of mixing them. The engine room has acres of them!! Knitting, that would probably be a better choice then my old favorite of juggling chain saws while swallowing swords.

>I just don't like the look of mixing them. The engine room has acres of them!<

I think I would have little problem sleeping ,knowing the tiles in the ER are not matching.

The tiles are dirt cheap, you could simply upgrade them all.

Actually there about 4 bucks a pop. That's Hong Kong dirt "cheep":0). Hey based on some earlier suggestions if I going to be renting out rooms down there I want it to look nice and not clash with the sofa and other furniture.

"I going to be renting out rooms down there I want it to look nice and not clash with the sofa and other furniture."

Photos, Please! I know a good ship mate that may need to hide out for a while! - lol

Mine look like ceiling tiles from the 70's.

Attachments

• monk36Sarasota 138.jpg
    monk36Sarasota 138.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 106
Asbestos is way too expensive to be in tiles.

For folks looking to actually upgrade , and lower the noise Soundown has marine soundproofing that works far better 2lbs of lead per sq ft , about 2 inches thick for the good stuff.

Not Home Cheapo priced tho,,,

I took all mine out and replaced with aluminum diamond plate. Compared to 4$ a tile, I think it might be cheaper. I did put in a very heavy sound barrier prior and it turned out well. Much quieter and looks incredible. Just an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Cool thread / great mods. Cheers. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom