New engine, new digs, new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbopop

Vessel Name
Binadac II
Vessel Make
Monk 40
Hello!
Before I got married 10 years ago my fiancee mentioned she had a boat. I mentally patted her on the head picturing a runabout or a small sailboat. I did not expect a 40' Monk trawler. It was one of the last large wooden boats built on Canada's west coast – launched in 1982. Ten years on, despite living landlocked in Edmonton, Alberta, our large blended family has found much enjoyment, adventure and yes, even a little hardship aboard her. Until now our Monk has been kept in B.C.'s Fraser River but in August we moved her up to the head of Howe Sound to Squamish. We have just repowered with another Perkins 354 Turbo and are looking forward many more years exploring the Salish Sea, and beyond.

Hello!
Before I got married 10 years ago my fiancee mentioned she had a boat. I mentally patted her on the head picturing a runabout or a small sailboat. I did not expect a 40' Monk trawler. It was one of the last large wooden boats built on Canada's west coast – launched in 1982. Ten years on, despite living landlocked in Edmonton, Alberta, our large blended family has found much enjoyment, adventure and yes, even a little hardship aboard her. Until now our Monk has been kept in B.C.'s Fraser River but in August we moved her up to the head of Howe Sound to Squamish. We have just repowered with another Perkins 354 Turbo and are looking forward many more years exploring the Salish Sea, and beyond.

Talk about bringing something to the table! Nice find Rob :thumb:

Talk about bringing something to the table! Nice find Rob :thumb:

Adelaide, "nice find"? The new wife or the boat?

Welcome, Rob! Glad to have you aboard. Lots of woody lovers here on the forum.

Sounds like you've got great taste in women! Those are some great cruising waters.

Please post some pictures of the boat so we can all see just how good you have it!!

Heck! Include photos of the wife,:flowers: We are one big happy family!:dance:

Al-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) alaska

Where exactly are you moored?
We're the Grand Banks 42 near the north end of Squamish Yacht Club.
- Welcome aboard! - Boyd

Nice to meet you all. Binadac II was constructed in North Vancouver by independent builder Bim Clark. She now sits at the Sea Sky Marina up the channel in Squamish... and I will dig up more photos of captain and crew, bear with me.

Adelaide, "nice find"? The new wife or the boat?

Welcome, Rob! Glad to have you aboard. Lots of woody lovers here on the forum.

Sounds like you've got great taste in women! Those are some great cruising waters.

Please post some pictures of the boat so we can all see just how good you have it!!

Both! :)

Welcome! Great story and boat. I'm always anxious to see pictures of a Monk designed boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom