View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
bradvo

City: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
The picture that you showed is the IPS 51 pressure switch I referenced in the earlier post. That is what controls the pump on/off. In my picture the wires that look like they are attached to a piece of pipe is the dry tank water supply shut off mentioned above. The one you removed that was leaking is the 69A alternate switch that was evidently supplied and not used. Rather than simply plugging it with a pipe plug, buy a cheap water pressure gauge and install it in the same 1/4" tapped pipe.
You will need to determine if the pump motor runs when you turn the breaker on. If the motor runs the coupling and shaft should both be turning if they are after 2 minutes it is not the dry tank shut off. If it does not run it is probably the switch that you sent a picture of. Once again, they have a tendency to malfunction if the are obstructed with debris, rust or calcium build-up.

After back tracking I removed the IPS 51 and replaced with the pipe plug, the 69A is what I referred to the little black box.
bradvo is offline   Reply With Quote