pretty boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowboat 37

For your viewing pleasure. these are my neighbors boats.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN9979.jpg
    DSCN9979.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN9982.jpg
    DSCN9982.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN9986.jpg
    DSCN9986.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN9984.jpg
    DSCN9984.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN9988.jpg
    DSCN9988.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN9989.jpg
    DSCN9989.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN9997.jpg
    DSCN9997.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN9999.jpg
    DSCN9999.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 101
Looks like you're in LaConner Wa.
Can't tell where you are by your post.

I think I've seen that double ender but the monk's big enough so I normally wouldn't be on that float. Like it though even with the black hull.

We are down at Latitude and will be in the harbor Oct 1. Probably J or K float.

We are at the Duwamish Yacht Club next door to Delta Marine. The owner of the little boat just came back from the San Juans. Maybe you saw her going and coming I know she up the inside past La Conner. She does the bright work on both of the boats and others in our marina.

These boats were made a few miles north of Dublin. They are proper fishing type trawlers built for leisure cruising; she must have been sailed over from Ireland to the Pacific on her bottom.

Beautiful boats, serious pieces of kit.

Greetings,
I agree with ALL of the above but you wouldn't get me out on that foredeck when it's wet. That glossy finish is an accident waiting to happen IMO.

I can't believe it RT you actually criticized that boat. The anchor winch dosn't add much style either. Raise you one RT.

Greetings,
Mr. mb. The boat is lovely, wondrous in fact. It's that skating rink of the glossy teak. I don't like. I agree on the windlass as well BUT those deck wash-down spigots have got to be toe stubbers for sure. You're up.

Best I got in my hand is this beautifully maintained 1938 Trumpy. Before I could take more pictures her Captain asked for a hand casting off.....bummer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 107
Hi guys, thought you would like to see the first Islamic boat advertisement.:socool:

1971 32Ft.Grand Banks :dance:

Al Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska:whistling:

RT,
The lines of the deck, sheer and cabin top makes her look bent or weighted down amidships. Your turn at negativity.

Slowboat,
Her's a sistership to Arianna in your 1st pic.

Attachments

• DSCF0567 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0567 copy 2.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Eric, put your thumb over the Bimini top, that's what's spoiling the lines.

RT,
The lines of the deck, sheer and cabin top makes her look bent or weighted down amidships. Your turn at negativity.

True, but easily offset with a proper size and style of anchor.:hide:

Attachments

• fixed rocna.jpg
    fixed rocna.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 87
So guys once a boat is in that great of shape, how much work does it really take to keep her that way?

Im serious...my boat has zero exterior teak

"Boat house kept" is a huge reason that boat is in such great shape. Actually two boat houses according to the listing. That and relentless attention to detail, scuffs and scratches repaired quickly and competently. I admire several fine wood boats local to me but question if my attention to detail would keep one in that condition. Robust construction helps too.

Mark pours that same kind of devotion and attention to detail into his beloved steel Carquinez Coot and it shows. Steel and wood boats share that much in common in that they are beautiful but require the paint be maintained religiously by their owners if they are to last.

Larry,
That's one of the things I love about her is the way the Forfjord anchor fits on the stem of the bow. Looks like they made the angle of the flukes to match. Classy. That's one thing a Forfjord is good for .... fitting on bows. This pic is of a friend's 30 Willard in Alaska w a 65lb Forfjord tailored to the bow. Notice that even though Ed is not shy of putting weight on his bow there's very little chain. Like my rode .. mostly 5/8ths nylon line.

But the really amazing and super classy feature is her frames or ribs just above the main deck. Never seen a more beautiful detail feature of a boat. Super smooth fillets radiused perfectly between the frames and the inside of the topsides... never seen that before.

But a little negativity for balance is that those hawse hole cleats looks like an old log fell on board and they spent a lot of time varnishing it up. Cute but not pretty at all. Sharp contrast to the smooth and beautiful breasthook on the bow.

Attachments

• DSCF0756 copy.jpg
    DSCF0756 copy.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0758 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0758 copy 2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Kevin,

Trust me, you really don't want to know. Howard

Back
Top Bottom