Electric toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another vote for Raritan products.

We changed out the Jabsco electric toilets (affectionately called "growlers") with a Marine elegance (aft) and Sea Era (fwd). Both are extremely quiet, and have been trouble free.

The forward head remains sea water flush, and the aft is fresh water.

Hey Pau Hana, were you in Gorge Harbor a couple of weeks ago? Saw a boat by that name there and wondered if it was you

I think the Jabsco "growlers" aren't the quiet flush I have. Mine have a sound but not loud. I like my "Heads" on the Heads Up :thumb:

All Jabsco BTW

Hey Pau Hana, were you in Gorge Harbor a couple of weeks ago? Saw a boat by that name there and wondered if it was you

No sir, we weren't.

Our boat name looks just like our avatar with the cool green palm tree :)

The thing that makes the basic Jabsco electric toilet (37010 Series) noisy is the rubber impeller intake pump built into the base. Quieter models use remotely mounted diaphragm pumps. The Raritan Sea Era which was designed to be an improvement to the Jabsco 37010 series uses an on toilet diaphragm pump and so it is quieter than the basic Jabsco.

Is that one a raw water head? Mine is fresh water and it uses my pressure system so no impeller needed.

Capthead, Yes the 37010 series toilets are meant to draw raw water. Your fresh water flush toilet should be much quieter because the supply pump, your fresh water pump, is mounted remote to the toilet and isn't a rubber impeller type pump.

Back
Top Bottom