View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
drmnj

City: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
[QUOTE=caltexflanc;268384]So it was an HST issue, not really Simrad?

Wrong Wrong Wrong

1. This was not an incomplete internet post. HST is one of Simrad's recommended dealers. I was sold brand new equipment that did not have proper updated software. The new radar unit was also not working properly and had to be replaced.

2. The only reason I purchased Simrad was because I didn't have much of a choice. When I purchased my vessels it came with Simrad electronics. After a few months my Simrad CX44 quit working. It was only 5 years old with hardly any use. I contacted Simrad and they said that they discontinued that unit and did not carry parts for it, so it could not be fixed. No customer support at all. They had me contact HST. HST said they were going to give me credit for the CX44 and other Simrad electronics if I upgraded with Simrad. I believed I was in good hands. What HST did was give me some credit for my old Simrad electronics and then charged me higher than Simrad's discounted rate. The invoices were so ridiculous to figure out you would need an accountant. So basically it ended up I didn't get much of any discount. Buyer be ware.

3. I charter my vessel and did not have use of my Simrad sonar for 6 months. When I finally got a hold of the head honchos at Simrad, they said they were going to get things straightened out. They did finally get my sonar operating properly. They said they were going to look into the amount I was charged for my Simrad refit. I never heard back from them regarding that.

I will never purchase any Simrad products again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. Also there operating manual for the sonar is a joke. Good luck trying to figure out how to use there sonar with there manual.
drmnj is offline   Reply With Quote