ShurFlo Pump Pressure Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiDHo

Guru
My fairly new ShurFlo pump pressure switch has decided to shut off on high pressure setting but to have a delayed restart at the low pressure setting. Worse case senario is I'm in the shower soaped up , no water, then minutes later pump restarted just as I was making emergency preps to de-soap. This is a three diaphram model and when running has great pressure. I know that pressure switch kits are available but thought I'd ask if anyone has experienced this and what remedy's where taken.
Bill

Attachments

• hot water heater.jpg
    hot water heater.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 106
I got my Shurflow replaced on warranty for the cheesy pressure switch. I think they have a quality control problem. Despite being labelled "marine" they should be labelled "crap."

I seem to have a similar problem after I dinked around with the pressure screw. Not near as bad as yours, but goes pretty low pressure before the pump starts, and then too high for my liking before it shuts off.

I suspect it has to do with a balance between the pressure tank pressure and the pump settings. I need to craw back in there and start tweaking these again.
Need some good help from the crew which is sometimes hard to get.

Attachments

• Water Pump & Tank.jpg
    Water Pump & Tank.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 103
Shurflo has a three warranty. Take the pump back to where you bought it. They should take care of it for you.

Breaking a DC circuit is usually the cause of the switch failing.

Perhaps a condenser added to the circuit would solve arc melting the hassle?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom