Atlantic Towers Arch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Northern Lights II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
I found rot in the wood of my arch while mounting a new radar array, it's still repairable but not sure if that's what I should do. The arch is used with the enclosure the side panels snap to it. I've about made my mind up to replace it with a Atlantic Towers aluminium arch. Has anyone here bought one and mounted it or have one on your boat? If yes please tell me your thoughts pro and con on going this route, I know that I'll have to have a new enclosure made but I'am about due for a new one anyway. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

I found rot in the wood of my arch while mounting a new radar array, it's still repairable but not sure if that's what I should do. The arch is used with the enclosure the side panels snap to it. I've about made my mind up to replace it with a Atlantic Towers aluminium arch. Has anyone here bought one and mounted it or have one on your boat? If yes please tell me your thoughts pro and con on going this route, I know that I'll have to have a new enclosure made but I'am about due for a new one anyway. Thank you for your thoughts on this.

See this:

Tower Install on 86 300 DB

Thanks AS-D that was enough to convince me to go with the Atlantic Towers unit. I think I'll wait till spring to start on it so I can keep the enclosure on during winter, it's about the time of year to get it out and put it back on while it's still warm enough that it'll stretch so I can get all the snaps snapped.

Just had one installed on my Defever 44 to replace the water soaked and rotting original. Looks great, easy install plus it folds for increased air draft. The boatyard guys really liked it as well.

The thought of wood on an arch is so counter to logic that it just makes you wonder "What were we/they thinking?" Absolutely recommend Atlantic. There are many others available now but I know of none that have their history and reputation.

You would find it interesting to know today how many builders get their arches and hardtops built by someone else. For instance, Hatteras uses Pipewelders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom