Old 09-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #35
SCOTTEDAVIS
Guru

City: Vero Beach, FL.
Vessel Name: FIREFLY
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowimcrazy View Post
My "mission" so to speak is to cruise the Loop next year. (I'm retired, former USMC jet mechanic and current furniture builder.) Kids have graduated college and married. No wife, just an old Lab and a shop full of equipment. I'm looking for the proverbial "house with good bones"...a pedigree that needs some equity. I've spent a lifetime around boats, just never any trawlers. (There aren't Trawlers on the 3 Rivers.)

My "mission" is to do the loop and great thought went into the boat selection, the Pilgrim was designed with the loop in mind. 3.5' draft with hinged mast to clear bridges to very slippery hull giving 5+ mpg, bow thruster and easy to lock side decks.

Designed for a couple with a convertible salon for the once in a while other couple as guests not a bunch of wasted space on sleeping areas. Nice open or enclosed aft deck for relaxing out of the sun with a sunny boat deck and FB up top with lots of room for solar panels.

The use intended does matter a bit when looking, and the fun sure is in the looking.

Good luck and best regards in your quest.

These are some of the reasons we chose as we did. However speed aint in the mix as we go 7mph as a rule with 8.5 as flat out.
SCOTTEDAVIS is offline   Reply With Quote