ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunajoe View Post
"Originally Posted by ksanders
I think people that shop the bargain basement boats need to adjust their expectations accordingly. There is no free lunch."

Interesting.
Since when is almost $190,000 for a 32' 10 year old boat a "bargain basement boat"?
You guys must roll with a different crowd than I do.
The truth is the PNW guys are awfully proud of their boats. And they price them accordingly. What's wrong with looking for the best price possible in a boat?
I'm not accustomed to paying more than I have to.....for anything. Are you?

I've never paid to join a forum. That's why I was asking. I'm not sure why you think I'm "concerned" about the $25.

I perused Tony Athens website. His shop is very close to where I live.
Joe

There are reasons why you had issues with this boat, and I'm trying to help you here because if you continue on this same track you'll have issues with any used boat you try to buy.

First issue... is that you are making offers based on photos and broker comments. You are buying sight unseen.That is a real problem. You need real unbiased eyes on the boat. You need to either go see the boat yourself, or you need to hire someone to go look at it for you, prior to making a offer. Hint, you can hire a surveyor to "look over" a prospective boat for a couple hundred.

Second issue... Once you've spent good money on a survey, you are using that survey as a pass/fail tool when in reality the survey is a snapshot of the boat good and bad. Nothing on a boat is unfixable but you choose to not even try. This means you are throwing your survey money away. I believe that part of this issue points right back to the first issue. You arrive on a boat you've never seen before and you are disappointed at first sight. You use the survey as a confirmation of your disappointment and you walk.

You will learn that seeing with your own eyes, or having someone you pay photograph what they dont like about a particular boat will allow you to buy a boat that you'll be initially happy with. Then you will tend to negotiate on survey issues.
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote