Surveyor Needed in Kent Island area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calypsian

Vessel Name
Querencia
Vessel Make
Mainship 400T
Anyone with experience with Curtis Sarratt of Annapolis? any other recent experiences with nearby surveyors would be appreciated

We purchased our boat, a 1987 37' Newburyport trawler in Annapolis in November 2012. We had Chris Oliver survey the engine, a Perkins t6.354 and also the westerbeke generator. I believe he works as an independent. His work was thorough and he was very "user friendly" answering questions during the survey and available post purchase to assist us during our learning period. His report was timely and straightforward.
The vessel was surveyed by Peter Hartoft. Again, high marks for his work. They both sat down with us after the survey and gave us a briefing on their findings and answered all of our questions. His report was extremely detailed and timely as well. These 2 guys also worked very well together and overall I give them both a resounding :thumb:! We've cruised extensively since purchase putting 400 hours on the engine and she has performed flawlessly to date. Good luck in your search!
PETER HARTOFT Hartoft Marine Survey, Ltd., Annapolis GALE BROWNING
P.O. Box 3188, Annapolis, MD 21403
TOLL FREE 800-438-2827

Highly recommend Gale Browning of Hartoft in Annapolis; she did our Hatteras for us, after many recommendations from Trawlers and Trawlering list members and other boat buyers. Her partner, Peter Hartoft, as noted above has an excellent reputation as well. Her survey and counsel served us well for many years to come, and would be my first choice if i were to buy another boat in the Mid Atlantic.

Surveyor

Kathy McLaughlin 410 708 6035 Ross Immediato 302 750 6745 Ask hard questions. What is their back ground. What do they cover in inspection. A good survey does take all day and then another day to research and complete. Be there when completed.

Peter Hartoft did the marine survey on our current boat, on Kent Island at the time. Very pleased. He did the survey on our first big boat, too, some moons ago... and that's why we asked him to do this one.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom