Welcome Yahoo Mainshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidM

Valued Technical Contributor
There is a fairly contentious discussion going on right now on the Yahoo Mainship forum about the future of the Mainship group on that forum. I watch both forums, the Yahoo one and this one and participate mostly on this one.

I have challenged the disaffected members of the Yahoo Group to come over to Trawler Forum, check it out and if they like it, register and participate.

So you may see some lurkers or new members. Please welcome them into our much more user friendly forum than the Yahoo Group.

David

Yeah those yahoo forums suck, they're aren't even forums. The Nordhavn Owners group is a yahoo forum too. It sucks.

Although I signed up here long ago, I haven't visited here much. I just shutdown my emails over at the yahoo group and made the jump over. Having just sold my 98 Mainship 350, I'm between boats and looking, so this site makes better sense for me and doesn't clog up my email everyday.

Last edited:
Although I signed up here long ago, I haven't visited here much. I just shutdown my emails over at the yahoo group and made the jump over.
Welcome back, hope TF works better for you.

I'm between boats and looking, so this site makes better sense for me and doesn't clog up my email everyday.

:)

You may need to visit your Control Panel or "User CP" near the top left of your screen just below our logo. Change your setting to not receive email alerts.

Krogen Cruisers also switched to Yahoo Groups over a year ago. We used to have a large, enthusiastic community, but the difficulty in navigating and posting on the site has taken its toll.

Joe, on TF you should only get emails for posts on threads you posted or subscribed on.

There is a fairly contentious discussion going on right now on the Yahoo Mainship forum about the future of the Mainship group on that forum. I watch both forums, the Yahoo one and this one and participate mostly on this one.

What's the nature of that contention? About Yahoo? Or Marlow? Or...?

-Chris

I haven't posted on the Mainship group in years, too hard to navigate that mess and now it is full of adds as well. I joined the group in 2003, back then it was much simpler and easier to use. BTW, you can turn off email from the Mainship Yahoo group as well, there is a setting somewhere for that - I know I used it and do not get any notifications from the group.

The contention is all about the performance of the Yahoo Group. Sentiment is running about 5:1 against Yahoo. I hope that brings more members to Trawler Forum.

David

The contention is all about the performance of the Yahoo Group. Sentiment is running about 5:1 against Yahoo. I hope that brings more members to Trawler Forum.

David

I joined a few months ago, but have given up already.

I have never experienced such a crazy system for posting, and no photos allowed.:confused:

Is yahoo really a tech company, or is it living back in the 90's?

I agree, this is a much better forum. Alot of great information, even if most is not Mainship specific.

I was the original poster on that discussion on the yahoo forum. I hate it over there, and I'd like to see more mainship specific posters here. One or two people were a little bit insulting, but I have a thick skin. I'm surprised no mods have replied.

Thanks for the help BTW, David.

The comment about TF being just a chat site could be no further from the truth. I didn't understand where that one came from. I think people do not like change. TF is clearly a more sophisticated site technically and content wise.

I am a member at both the Mainship Forum and the Vintage Mainship Forum. I hate the Yahoo format , it totally sucks! I get more info and entertainment here even if it's not Mainship specific.

I too have been a member here for quite some time. But, I did most of my reading over at Yahoo Groups Mainship and Vintage Mainship sites. Because of the recent changes that Yahoo has made I closed those memberships a few days ago. I plan to see what I can learn here. Maybe even attempt to chime in once in awhile. I have a '79 Mainship1 with the Perkins 160. My 5th year with this boat. I've had lots of other boats over the years. More years than I care to remember.

The sentiment seems to have turned and most posters seem to support the Yahoo site. The consensus seems to be that the Yahoo site provides more Mainship specific answers to Mainship issues- construction, parts performance and engines.

All of this could be accomplished on the Mainship sub forum to Trawler Forum. So if someone posts a Mainship specific question here, try to help them out.

OTOH, no one defends the Yahoo site's performance. It is universally agreed- it sucks.

David

Back
Top Bottom