Aerial Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giggitoni

Guru
Vessel Name
Mahalo Moi
Vessel Make
1986 Grand Banks 42 Classic
We were cruising through San Pablo Bay near San Francisco, California last month when a helicopter buzzed us and captured the attached photo (I took this photo of the photo for this forum).* The chopper had a sign on the side: www.boatpix.com.* I went to the web site and ordered the search for the photos and Boatpix sent them to us.* Pretty cool!* The photos are not cheap at $250 for a 16x20.* However, the cost of hiring a pilot and his helicopter for a personal photo shoot would be out of the question.* I'm not affiliated with Boatpix but thought my fellow boaters would be interested to know what that chopper was up to should you spill coffee all over yourself when you didn't see him coming...* I didn't see them*on my radar!**Should I*be looking for aircraft....?

Ray

Attachments

• boatpix-november-2010web.jpg
    boatpix-november-2010web.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 86
$250 - mounted & framed?

I have a friend that has a son in the CG, a rotor-head.* He got his aerial pics for free!

Unframed.* Looks good in a $10 frame!* Your friend is lucky.* I'm not because I had to pay for the Coast Guard chopper...

Ray

I'll be keeping an eye out for the chopper.* From that distance my boat looks great!

My avatar is a boatpix photo!!!

Here's a picture of my Dad's boat in the mid-1960s, taken by well-known photographer Diane Beaston from another boat.* It was taken during a race*on San Francisco Bay (city caught in background).* I think the photo cost about $30, but those were 1960s dollars.* That's me in the hatchway, checking sail trim and watching out for starboard-tack boats.* Sorry it's not a trawler, but it is a full-displacement boat with a single engine/propeller.

img_32503_0_8a148867ffb27b5f326154154fae8e37.jpg

Hiya,
* Mr. markpierce.* No apologies necessary for not being a trawler.* The fact that she's under full sail and "working" is just icing on the cake.

RT Firefly wrote:

*The fact that she's under full sail and "working" is just icing on the cake.
Now I know how it felt to be George Fenneman.

Hiya,
** Mr. markpierce.* Why, do you drive a Desoto as well?* Well, maybe not as well but as good?

-- Edited by RT Firefly on Wednesday 8th of December 2010 11:16:02 PM

RT, they stopped making DeSotos*years before*I got a driving license.* My first car was a VW Beetle which I drove for 19 years.* (Gotta save up for that trawler!)

RE: Aerial Photo BOATPIX!

I'm the President and Founder of BOATPIX.com and we have choppers all across the US where we think there are the most boats.** I'm glad we got you up in the SF Bay area and we also have helicopter in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and all throughout Florida.*

I first started at a fishing tournament in 1981 in Ocean City, Maryland.* I went to the North and the South as money allowed while in College.** I live in Ft Lauderdale and moved here because this is where the most boats are!**

I was in Catalina last month and a fellow showed me a picture of his boat that we took and he carries in his wallet.* Anyone with questions can call me at 561-346-2816

It is cold everywhere but we still fly every weekend out of Ft Myers and Ft Lauderdale.** If anyone has suggestions of where we should shoot more pictures my email is tm@boatpix.com

Tom,

I feel like I should charge you an advertising fee! Just kidding. The photos you sent are very impressive. The exposure and sharpness are excellent. It's a great service. Heck, I'd like to go on a fly along, those guys were having a ball that day. Thanks and good luck!

Ray

P.S. The check's in the mail...

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Thursday 9th of December 2010 08:01:45 PM

Too bad you paid $250 for a 16X20. I have a couple of photographers in the bay area who would have done it for a whole lot less. You don't need a chopper, all you need is a high elevation and good light. Anyone else needing a boat photo?*I have photographers throughout the USA from coast to coast any of which can shoot a boat photo. Just let me know.

Would you* photograph my boat? ( you might need a good telescopic lens)
aww.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom