View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #40
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by siestakeywife View Post
Kevin,

Thank you for what you said above!!! I could not agree with you more!! I mean... really... what's the point? If you're not going to enjoy it, or share it with those less fortunate, then why make it? I just don't get!

Cheers,
Pamela
Wifey B: Just happy to see another wife speak up...Always room for more. Right, Ann?

Love Jack's...cool place to be. And your point about working. Sometimes it's like a disease to pursue some type life and not ever break free. I mean I do believe it's why so much unhappiness and divorces that couples don't have enough time together. I knew I always came before my hubby's work in his mind. And when we could stop, we did. But always we made time to enjoy life together.

I had a friend who was worried about her marriage and I said, "F... you're not married. You just have kids together and share a house. I don't even think you know each other anymore. You get home at 6 and eat with the kids. He drives through and gets home at 8:30 when you've helping the kids get ready for bed. He plops down on the sofa. Then he pulls his laptop out and starts working and doesn't even know you've gone to bed. You're asleep when he gets there. Morning you're out of bed first, feeding the kids. He showers, dresses, says goodbye on the way out." Worse, the father really didn't know his kids or them know him.

Teacher: Tell me about your father.
Son: He works a lot.

Freaking sums it up.

We often judge people on the outward signs. Baseball player on batting average. Football on yards gained. People on money made, size of house, type car.

One last lecture point if I can figure out how to say this plus getting hubby's permission. Ok. Think about this one. Think about what you teach your kids is important. First time I ever remember crying was when my hubby told me the first time about his childhood. I mean most thought he had everything but what he was taught was brains, grades, money, job...that was what mattered. Emotions and feelings, not. They were creating a lean mean money making machine. Just as cruel as what we think of as abuse. Oh and they one at home for him was the maid. They were busy running their businesses. Fortunately, he realized it was wrong and he's not like that. He didn't go for the job they wanted him to. And he's nothing like them. But he had no feelings for them.

Life is about living and being happy and the people you love. It's not what you can give them. It's giving of yourself. Spend time with the man or woman you love. You don't freaking know if there's a tomorrow. And if you have money, don't just give to the charity. Go do something. There are people who just need to know you care. Orphanages, nursing homes, homeless shelters. Families having hard times. Orphanages have given way to foster care, but every Christmas morning since we were married has been at one. We don't drive back to NC to see friends but we do to see the kids there several times a year. My hubby plays basketball with them, I play dolls or help the older ones with makeup. But mostly we try to let them know they're important and wonderful and we're so happy they're in our lives.

Sorry for taking this off track but what Pamela and Kevin said really hit me as I fly across the country. That person beside you right now. They might not be there tomorrow. Treat every day of your life as if it's the last. Peace and love to all.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote