It’s Showtime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't wait to hear from him about the last 72 hours.

Someone on Cruiser's Forum asked about 3-4 days ago if trawlers could cross oceans. A couple from here referred him to this thread. Well, I guess he has his answer!

Congrats on a job well done, Rich & Julie & Dauntless. Terrific planning, Terrific boat, Terrific seamanship. A combination hard to beat.

Hope that first lukewarm Guiness tastes great!

Wow..well uggh...wow.....bout all I got...wow....

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread like some.

Just checked in.

Way to go Richard.See you after a long nap or two.

Folks....it's midnight EST and I count 155 posts on this thread today. I think that may give some idea of the interest, no?

Richard, I saw you pass the Cape Cod Canal, wish I had the stones to follow you. Congratulations !!! I enjoyed your trip

Congrats to Richard, Julie and Dauntless on a job VERY well done. And thanks for entertaining us, sometimes at the edge of our seats. for the last few weeks.

Your thread has attracted record attention and is already approaching the 1000 posts and almost 40,000 views. Pretty impressive, Skipper!

Can't wait to see what you do next!!

Last edited:
Yes Captain, gently press your weary brow unto the eiderdown of life and dream not a troubled dream. Rather, you should dream the dream of a deserving servant of mankind.

Well done Richard and Dauntless an epic voyage.
Just shows you how many people can fit on a KK 42.
Enjoy the rest and the local pub.
Cheers
Benn

Looking forward to the time Richard gets caught up on his sleep, fueling, eating, customs, fixing bird poles, etc and can share the story.
Currently perhaps still asleep at anchor? From Marine Traffic, 9:44 am Castletownbere time!

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 375
Congratulations Richard ,Julie and Dauntless. Now I can get back to work .My lumber sales have been off the last two weeks . I'm sure it's related to this thread .
Thanks for the adventure .

I think Richards DeLorme got overwhelmed with messages, pings for location requests etc.
Received from the Crew of Dauntless at 6:04am est Aug29:

I'm here.
An adventure from start to finish.
I think I'll go to bed now.
Btw, my InReach tells me I have a msg, but then no msg

Richard Bost sent this message from:
Lat 51.249128 Lon -9.801328

I am assuming he sent the message 8 or 9 hours ago.

Awesome!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

I feel the same sense of admiration and humility that I get when I watch the Olympics. To see someone who has worked and sacrificed for years to build a dream, overcome incredible challenges and achieve that dream, is truly an honor and an inspiration.

Congratulations and thank you.

Congrats...Like so many old western movies. Cowboy crosses desert, encounters Indians, picks up a coppla arrows, down to old jerkey and a 1/2 bucket of stale oats rides into the fort with a smile slumped over the saddle horn. Good job. Miz Kitty will be back soon. Chester will tend to your horse.

It might take weeks to fix all the stuff that's broken. He's go to walk past two pubs to get to the marine supply store. :dance:

It might take weeks to fix all the stuff that's broken. He's go to walk past two pubs to get to the marine supply store. :dance:

That's funny right there!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Congratulations Richard! So many of us sit and dream of a trip like this but you have planned and executed that dream; Well Done! Thank you for bringing us all along!

Congratulations,

Big Dreams

Big Ocean

Big Balls

Triple B

Thanks for allowing us on board , through this journey of yours.

A special thanks to our "TF Communicators" who stayed in contact with Richard, and passed along the text messages. Voyages like this can turn from boredom to terror in an instant. This method of communication I feel kept from overloading Richard with messages. Great job guys.:thumb::thumb:

Congratulations !!!!!

I have followed this thread from the beginning. I am sure that
it's not ended yet.

To (maybe) give you an idea of what it has meant to some of us;

In 1969 there was a fantastic journey made, people around the
world were "addicted" to their new
s reporters.
I was working in a pulp mill, operations were going well, the crew
kept me on the phone to my wife for constant running updates
on the progress of the trip. Much cheering and celebration when the
foot stepped onto the moon!

So now I say "HOORAWWW !!!!"

On a lighter note, my wife picked me up after work.
On the drive home our son, approximately 2 1/2 years old, started to
crying, "They broked it. They broked it." He pointed at the moon.
It was not a full moon that night!

All said and done, great trip, but I think I'll stay on this coast.

Ted

As an addendum:
Try explaining astronomy to a 2 1/2 year old!
Ted

I hope Richard took some comfort in knowing we were all following his progress. If he had gotten into trouble there wasn't much we could do but at least our collective knowledge would have been available to him.

The technology that allowed us to follow him just blows me away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom