View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 06:58 PM   #28
Lollygag

City: Valley Springs
Vessel Name: Lollygag
Vessel Model: 1979 42' CHB Europa
Another idea

So, on to plan "C". Going in through the head sucks. I could probably do it but I wouldn't have easy access and every change or repair would be a nightmare. So I took another look and decided to put in a second hatch, right above the existing one, resting on the same cross beam and extending across the passageway. This will leave me with a 15X21 hatch I can fit in (if I don't gain weight.)

The ouside of the tape is the inside of the new hatch. I'll route out the edges and trim it the same as the existing hatch.

I didn't want to do this because it won't look as good as a single hatch and it's right outside the guest berth door, but doing it this way let's me use the plug as the hatch and match the teak and holly. Maybe. Hope I'm that good.

This is a look at the passageway with the existing hatch open, showing the nightmare on E dock, and the location of the new hatch that should give me access to clean it up.

Anybody see any roadblocks?

If you look in there you can see the board that goes from one stringer to the other with two pumps and a Rue Goldberg hose setup. Hey, it works but I'm pretty sure I can make it look good too by removing the board, mounting the pumps ON the stringers and routing the hoses and wires in a little more organized manner. You know, shipshape.
Lollygag is offline   Reply With Quote