Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You seem to have an awful lot of pics of Coot underway.Are you ever aboard? :hide:

Greetings,
Fake stack? I don't think so...
th

And I'm not apologizing either...

You seem to have an awful lot of pics of Coot underway.Are you ever aboard? :hide:

I've got some friends who also have boats. Fortunately for me.

232323232%7Ffp73484%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394%3A9%3A67%3B4336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Larry that little red tug stole my wife's heart. May sound funny to some but wish it was not so easy to get her excited about boats.

CP: Can't blame your Admiral for falling in love with that red-hulled and natural wood trawler, but if she likes the red, how about this spiffy Owens!

Attachments

• woody version.jpg
    woody version.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 95
Greetings,
Fake stack? I don't think so...
th

And I'm not apologizing either...

That my friend is a rack not a stack.. stacks are what you get when you group pancakes.. and those CLEARLY are not pancakes..
HOLLYWOOD

Been traveling of late, and passed this one on I-24 yesterday. Didn't want to follow the driver like a stalker. Might make a good play boat, or tender for someone. Can't tell how it's powered. Didn't see a prop, so maybe jet powered? Anyway, enjoy.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 130
Hmmmm. The hull kind of looks like a home heating oil tank turned on its side.

Not real big on specs these Brits.......

No, not much for details, and the Brit buyers must not recognize the terma "House Boat" or "live-a-board" in the same way Yank buyers do!

At first glance I thought Ocean Star was odd and silly like fake stacks but w an ounce of objectivity and looking at the listing I see it as bad/odd styling. Sure has an odd engine laying on it's side and it looks quite old.

Made of steel and w all those smooth and apparently fair curves one could assume that the Star is no backyard cobbled together affair.

Look top heavy? She does not have nice lines but proportionally she's not that different than the W36. If she has ballast she'd be more stable than a lot of trawlers on this forum. As to the tall wheelhouse I wouldn't want it for myself any more than the W36.

She's just not blessed w nice lines. How often do we praise the lines of boats? Very important are the lines. Ocean Star has awkward and chubby lines but could be a good boat. The lines are so bad it's even hard to say she's cute. Didn't read the YW thing carefully ... she could have stabilizers and lots of ballast ect. But the lines ......

Went back and looked again. With a 13' beam she is a huge boat for a 32' length especially cabin wise. Good to maximize accommodations for 32' of moorage space.

Animal says "Definitely an "Interesting Boat"! I would imagine this to be an excellent platform for someone who wants to single-hand the Great Loop in a slow and methodical fashion". She's faster than my Willy. Like TAD says length is golden.

Last edited:
This one is on our dock . It's a 40 ft home built steel with wood superstructure . The sister ship which is also on our dock is a 50 footer . Both were built buy two brothers in the 70's. The first was the 40 ft . The 40ft has a single Leman and the the 50 ft has a Detroit . Much easier on the eyes than the rest of the houseboats at our marina .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 112
Been traveling of late, and passed this one on I-24 yesterday. Didn't want to follow the driver like a stalker. Might make a good play boat, or tender for someone. Can't tell how it's powered. Didn't see a prop, so maybe jet powered? Anyway, enjoy.

I think that's a Kady Krogen whaleback early prototype. :D

Eric, I'm pretty sure the picture is on it's side, not the engine...

Yup .... Didn't't look at that one very good. I think Perkins did make horizontal cylinder engines back in the 60s or/and 70s.

What do you think FlyWright, will this one make it into the Not So Secret Cove? And more importantly, is this one less likely to have you doing impromptu MOB drills?:angel:

I must have missed seeing the swimstep.

Back
Top Bottom