Additional wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Folks that are adding to the wiring on a vessel frequently find it hard to do a neat workmanlike job.

Same on ships , so these folks make epoxy in place wire hangars that might solve a problem,

clickbond.com

www.clickbond.com doesn't work for me.

Well, on second try, clicking on that link above, does work.

Do you know of an online source where I can buy a half dozen or so. None of my go 2 sources has them. I doubt if the factory will be interested in my order.

David

Last edited:
Here's an alternative. They look like practically the same thing.
Weld Mount Fasteners

It does look similar, but it is very expensive. The clips aren't that bad at $15 for 30 but the adhesive is the killer. $36 for the adhesive tubes and $22 for a piece of plastic to push it out!!!!

The adhesive is a two part acrylic, maybe a strong super glue!!

But I do like the idea. How many times have I drilled for a wire tie and hoped I didn't go through the other side, sometimes into the blue!!!

David

David

Um, not sure why two-part epoxy and cable ties (both pretty inexpensive) would not do the job. But my SO says that I push the limits on being frugal, so I may have the wrong outlook on these things. :)

The technique I use, by the way (and which has so far worked pretty well) is to use a small piece of scotch tape to hold a small cable clamp. I'll do as many of these as required for the space. Then mix up a glob with the two-part epoxy, and put a generous amount at each cable clamp. Let harden for 24 hours, and it is ready to go. Never had a problem with it loosening up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom