Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW. That Lien Hwa motor sailor sure works for me. Anyone lend me 300 K.
Guess it's still nice to dream. Really seems like a well appointed cruiser and with a little more tankage a good passagemaker.

WOW. That Lien Hwa motor sailor sure works for me. Anyone lend me 300 K.
Guess it's still nice to dream. Really seems like a well appointed cruiser and with a little more tankage a good passagemaker.

It's on the wrong side of the continent. That'd be a great cruiser for the BC Alaska coast. I bet the existing tankage gives it a 700+ nm range.

Saw this one at our transient dock today at Shilshole. Did not see the owner to ask about it, but a very pretty, simple boat with a beautiful sheerline.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 122
I saw an unusual interesting boat at the transient dock about a week ago. I stopped to check it out, it was a home built cruiser on a factory john boat. The guy was traveling the entire length of the Tennessee River.
He was at Paris landing yesterday.

Do fall color in Maine sometime....plenty of those babies around...

Attachments

• maine-lobster-boats-keith-r-crowley.jpg
    maine-lobster-boats-keith-r-crowley.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 121
No doubt, if the Pentagon doesn't take it, we'll see some hi-buck sheik or baron integrate the design in their latest toy. Sorry if that sounds cynical.

SWATH....how is that radar signature....kinnda big I bet.

I love it. I could put the white stuff on the red stuff.
Now that statement reminds me of one of my favorite movies. Remember the pink submarine? Operation Petticoat, wasn't it?

Now that statement reminds me of one of my favorite movies. Remember the pink submarine? Operation Petticoat, wasn't it?

Also one of my favorites, Janice.....watched it yesterday!

Attachments

• pinksub.jpg
    pinksub.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 648
I ran across this beautiful red-hulled pilot house trawler at its home dock in Picton, ON, while cruising the Trent Severn earlier this summer.

In asking around, I learned a local high school principal had the hull made and then finished the interior and mechanicals by himself.

What a great job! Doesn't it tug at your heart?

Attachments

• IMG_8465.jpg
    IMG_8465.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8466.jpg
    IMG_8466.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_8464.jpg
    IMG_8464.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 118
Geeze, I've got a pretty old photo of that boat in the very same slip on my old computer. Looks like he's done an awful lot of work on it. Yeah.....it tugs! It's the kind of boat that tugs on your I-gotta-have-it impulse. If my Admiral had see that boat first, she'd have pestered me about it.

Larry that little red tug stole my wife's heart. May sound funny to some but wish it was not so easy to get her excited about boats.

:rolleyes:I need to sell my Mainship....scuse me I gotta go to the paint store...

:rolleyes:I need to sell my Mainship....scuse me I gotta go to the paint store...

It seems to me that red is too frequently overlooked as a hull color, but when it works, it works.

-----------------------------

Other than color, I noticed a lot of similarities between this trawler and my American Tug. Raised pilot house with three forward windows, port and starboard doors, false stack, two windows in the salon, rear door into the cockpit, ladder to roof deck etc.

Of course, many other things are much different starting with the steel hull, all wooden sides on the pilot house and salon, vertical pilot house windows etc. The hull looks like it was modeled after a real tug hull.

It seems to me that red is too frequently overlooked as a hull color, but when it works, it works.

-----------------------------

Other than color, I noticed a lot of similarities between this trawler and my American Tug. Raised pilot house with three forward windows, port and starboard doors, false stack, two windows in the salon, rear door into the cockpit, ladder to roof deck etc.

one big issue with red as a hull color is that a lot of them tend to fade to a sort of pinkish hue.. maybe on the submarine but not on a cute trawler. There seem to be a few red racing sailboats around..
HOLLYWOOD

Tied up across from an American Tug and had to laugh; I have a real man's stack with a real exhaust pipe and engine room vent - the American Tug owner climbed up on his roof and opened the top of the stack and took out his garbage and recycling!

Tied up across from an American Tug and had to laugh; I have a real man's stack with a real exhaust pipe and engine room vent - the American Tug owner climbed up on his roof and opened the top of the stack and took out his garbage and recycling!

:lol:

I don't laugh at the Coot's false stack. It provides headroom for transiting between saloon and pilothouse, as well as containing the propane tank for the stove.

Here with tank and top of stack not installed:

img_260564_0_9997676470c50e5f0f4af64a628471c5.jpg

Greetings,
Mr. Mark. I think you've posted that picture before...Not running out of new material I hope?

Yeah, but that was a long time ago. It's the only photo I've got showing the utility of a false stack.

Some people have some nerve struttin' their fake stack around. :D

Our stack serves as an ER vent, place to put the hydro crane pump, and base for rod holders. This is a real stack!;) (Notice it's outline in the distance) Edit: I forgot the #1 use for the stack of course is our engine exhaust! :)
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1408932428.603943.jpg

Last edited:
I don't laugh at the Coot's false stack. It provides headroom for transiting between saloon and pilothouse, as well as containing the propane tank for the stove.

Here with tank and top of stack not installed:

img_260575_0_9997676470c50e5f0f4af64a628471c5.jpg

I would NEVER laugh at anything George designed...I am a disciple...have been for near 20 years.

It also allows a display of high-visibility yellow from astern.

232323232%7Ffp54352%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3978765498336nu0mrj

stacks

Fake stack?
I think not!!

Attachments

• IMG_0201_2.JPG
    IMG_0201_2.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 86
I've got nothing to apologize for :flowers: (stackwise):

232323232%7Ffp54369%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394%3A9%3A67%3B3336nu0mrj

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom