Considering ownership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
None- looking
My wife and I recently retired and are considering trawler ownership.

Two boats currently of interest and we would appreciate feedback.

1. Integrity 36 ES, spinoff of Halversen and Island gypsy.

2. American Tug 365.

Thanks

Can't help with your question other than saying I love tugs but welcome to the forum and enjoy. There is lots of information and great people here.

I'd take the Integrity 36 ES because I like flybridge boats. And the full walk around decks.

But that's just me. You have 2 pretty different boats there. Only you and yours know what's best for you two.

Great Lakes 33?

Can't help with your question other than saying I love tugs but welcome to the forum and enjoy. There is lots of information and great people here.[/QUOTE

Any problems with your GLT 33? We're considering purchasing one for use in the Pacific off Central California.
Billy

Depending on your plans are you sure that 36' or so is roomy enough? Boats seem to shrink after buying them.

2. American Tug 365.

Thanks

Two things.

Go to the Seattle boat show in two weeks and look at boats plus get listings for trawlers in your price range. Lots more choices out there and for the same money as the AT you can go up in size.

Second, have you discarded the notion of Nordic Tug?

Hi Carter, Welcome Aboard.
I`ve followed Integrity for a while, been on board several,all at docks. They borrow from IG/Halvo in hull design, and elsewhere reflect an update in IG ideas (which were a mix of traditional Halvorsen, and GB). By no means opulent, but reasonably well finished. There was a 34, and either a 38 or 40 FB, the latter I think, at the recent Sydney BoatShow. I`ve never spoken to an owner, it would be good to hear how they perform in use, over time, but I don`t know of any on TF.
There is a nice recently updated well priced boat, built here since late 1980s, a Fairway 36. If one makes it to USA it will raise some interest.

Can't help with your question other than saying I love tugs but welcome to the forum and enjoy. There is lots of information and great people here.[/QUOTE

Any problems with your GLT 33? We're considering purchasing one for use in the Pacific off Central California.
Billy

Billy, sorry for the delay, been out in the boat! I can't say that we have had any issues with the GL 33. We have done a lot of upgrades but more of a want to versus have to. Very seaworthy vessel in my opinion with basic straight forward systems that are easy to understand and easy to repair. The old fridge, chest type, is certainly the most inefficient thing in the boat and we will be changing it out in the spring. Poorly insulated and compressor runs almost constantly and draws the batteries down quickly. Any specific questions just PM me and I would be happy to respond. Don't want to take over this thread. Cheers.

2. American Tug 365.

Thanks

I just wanted to pop in and say
smiley-signs046.gif

2. American Tug 365.

Thanks

American/Nordic Tug was my second choice, but I didn't consider (wasn't aware of) the Integrity.

Welcome aboard!
I'm with Bill on the flying bridge but we're Florida boys. The PNW guys don't seem to feel the need. Maybe because it never stops raining there?:)

Welcome aboard!
I'm with Bill on the flying bridge but we're Florida boys. The PNW guys don't seem to feel the need. Maybe because it never stops raining there?:)

We try to maintain that reputation, it keeps the tourist population down. Ted

Back
Top Bottom