Continuing my tour of waterfront watering holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BaltimoreLurker

Curmudgeon
Vessel Name
Moon Dance
Vessel Make
1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
We visited "The Seasoned Mariner" yesterday, formally "The Beach House".* Who would think this is in Dundalk?!

There was an old cruiser in need of a lot of TLC* across the way.* And a nice looking runabout puttered by, looks like the original owner.

Attachments

• dscn1442.jpg
    dscn1442.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 74
  • dscn1445.jpg
    dscn1445.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 71
  • dscn1447.jpg
    dscn1447.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 69
  • dscn1443.jpg
    dscn1443.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 70
  • dscn1449.jpg
    dscn1449.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 74
  • dscn1451.jpg
    dscn1451.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 61
Stuff like this I like. Wow. Warm sun and palm trees. I assume "The Seasoned Mariner" is a restaurant but what is "Dundalk"?? Don't you use fenders?

Hi Eric:
Yes, the Seasoned Mariner is the new name of the restaurant.* It sounds a bit contrived, I'd have stuck with Beach House.* Dundalk - what can I say?* It's a traditionally lower middle class/blue collar area of Baltimore.* Now, seeing as how Baltimore tends to get looked down upon by the likes of our neighbors, DC and Philly, Dundalk, being a looked down upon part of Baltimore really gets no love at all.

One of the advantages of an old boat is that I'll just lay her right up against a floating dock like the one in the pictures.* A little scuffing of the gel coat?* How would I even notice?*
biggrin.gif

- Darrell

Thanks Darrell,Treat your old boat nice * * .....put out the fenders so it can get older yet and still look like a grand lady. I thought maybe you were on a roll and would produce MORE PICS. Oh well it looks like it's going to be a long winter. ..... don't snivel for me .... I like winters.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 066.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 066.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 64
  • all to 12-15-09 326.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 326.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 71
Eric--- Those two photos aren't from NOW are they......?

Ha Ha Marin. It's the future Marin * *....the future. Like WINTER. The days are getting shorter FAST. Makes me think of winter and makes me go like an ant to prepare. Mr Dude knows of what I speak. That's one of the things I miss very much here in Alaska * * ......those beautiful falls in Washington state. Instead of orange and yellow trees, some morning fog and nice warm afternoons we have the gale train, rain and more gales. It's raining this morning but we have been very lucky these last two years w too much sunshine and we've only had one gale this fall * ...only 35 knot wind and 7' seas in Clarence Strait. But the future has yet to happen.

Yep you know it.
Fall last year was on a thursday I think. It snowed the next day.

We sure don't get the colors just yellow and a little red and of course the evergreens.

It's all good I look forward to the winters I fire up the dickenson get the boat nice and warm a pot of coffee going. The boy's stop by for a mug up and to swap lies. A little sea going Irish music on the radiddo. It's all good
The harbor is real pretty when the sky is clear and there's a moon up.

SD

Nobodys thinking about winter now. We've had several days of brilliant sunny days and the forecast calles for 9 (NINE) more. I may get in the outboard and run out to Edna Bay. Thats way out on the west coast. I have a friend (that has a Willard) on Marble Island (where the marble came from for the state buildings at Olympia).Yea Marin we live in igloos too.

nomadwilly wrote:Yea Marin we live in igloos too.
Yea, I've seen your igloo.....you poor guy!

SeaHorse II wrote:

nomadwilly wrote:Yea Marin we live in igloos too.
I was at a party and we ran out of ice.
*The host said there was ice out on the porch.
I couldn't find it so he handed me an ice pick and said "Just use the front porch."

SD

Why "thank you sir"!* I like your photo as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom