View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #24
Forkliftt
Guru

City: Diberville Mississippi
Vessel Name: KnotDoneYet
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
Capt. Bill11, it is. I didn't realize after the install I didn't take any pictures of it. Dennis at Mermaid said that the one short 6" run to the saloon and a 4" dedicated to the aft cabin would work fine (though their literature stated I would need more square inches). We went back to the boat last Friday evening and never could get it cooled down. I had pulled the "bra" the prior weekend and dropped it off as a sample to have a new one made that also will have a more efficient sunblocker screen. The old Cruise Air unit seemed to cool the boat fairly well when charged, but the new unit did not get it done. Even on Friday and Satirday night.
I checked the temperature differential, and we are dead on at 20 degrees. The evaporator is sweating and condensation is in the pan.
The temperature last weekend hit the low 90's- and the humidity was over 70% much of the time. So Monday I talked to Dennis again and when the bra gets installed and the humidity drops we will reevaluate.
Presumably the heat from the sun (radiant??) through the front three windows and the front two side windows is really a major problem. And possibly the "bra" creates an air space between the screen and the glass which acts as an insulator?? I sure hope so- and hope to get this girl comfortable after our investment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1408582465.561530.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	32214

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️